F2S support???

Old April 15th 05, 03:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
aszx

Default F2S support???

Is there any? Any chance they look at this newsgroup?
My connection stopped working yesterday at about 1.30pm and I've sent 3
emails with no response. Tried phoning several times and found I was
always told I was "held in a queue" of indeterminate length listening to
expensive music. This also happened at 9.30 am this morning as soon as
the support phone line opened.
I've tried a different computer, different modem, different filter -
result is always the same - I can login ok but nothing happens when I
try to access web-pages or email.
Help/advice appreciated.
Old April 15th 05, 10:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Thanatos

Hi

"aszx" wrote in message
Is there any? Any chance they look at this newsgroup?
My connection stopped working yesterday at about 1.30pm and I've sent 3
emails with no response. Tried phoning several times and found I was
always told I was "held in a queue" of indeterminate length listening to
expensive music. This also happened at 9.30 am this morning as soon as the
support phone line opened.
I've tried a different computer, different modem, different filter -
result is always the same - I can login ok but nothing happens when I try
to access web-pages or email.
Help/advice appreciated.

You could try posting a message in http://www.freedom2support.net/

Very helpful people there.

Old April 16th 05, 01:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike NG

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 at 22:22:07, Thanatos (Thanatos )
wrote:
Hi

"aszx" wrote in message
Is there any? Any chance they look at this newsgroup?
My connection stopped working yesterday at about 1.30pm and I've sent 3
emails with no response. Tried phoning several times and found I was
always told I was "held in a queue" of indeterminate length listening to
expensive music. This also happened at 9.30 am this morning as soon as the
support phone line opened.
I've tried a different computer, different modem, different filter -
result is always the same - I can login ok but nothing happens when I try
to access web-pages or email.
Help/advice appreciated.

You could try posting a message in http://www.freedom2support.net/

Very helpful people there.

Or here too
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist...ge=0&view=coll
apsed&sb=5&o=
which I think is more active than the other site

Sorry it's Saturday and no-one can help you, but if you post your ticket
number to the above and explain your problem, and don't get too abusive
about the lack of response, the f2s staff can usually be helpful

You may need to describe your problem a bit more, such as whether you're
synching to the exchange and if you can log on using the BT Test Login
etc
--
Mike
Old April 16th 05, 01:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
aszx

Thanks for the replies.
However I'm pleased to say it's just started working again! What a
relief. Maybe f2s were on the case after all?!
Old April 16th 05, 02:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yozzi

"Mike NG" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 at 22:22:07, Thanatos (Thanatos )
wrote:
Hi

"aszx" wrote in message
[...]

All this adsl hassle makes me glad to be on cable :-) So much simpler
technology wise..

Old April 16th 05, 03:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike NG

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 at 13:40:53, Yozzi (Yozzi
) wrote:
All this adsl hassle makes me glad to be on cable :-) So much simpler
technology wise..

Not really, it just means there are levels (ISP and BT) rather than just
one. I'm sure cable users have outages some of the time
--
Mike