Reserving copper overlay

Old April 15th 05, 05:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
douthers

Default Reserving copper overlay

Help,

I live on a new housing development which is served by a TPON'd local
exchange @ Thornton Cleveleys in Lancashire, meaning I cannot receive
a broadband service. My neighbour, a BT engineer, has a working
service due to being transferred onto a copper line using an overlay.
A work colleague, who lives on the same development has managed to do
the same, although he claims he just signed up with Wanadoo and got
the service with no hint of a problem.
I have been advised by BT to 'try signing up every couple of months',
and maybe I'll get lucky. I've been trying this since last year and
am getting fed up of getting told my line cannot support the service.
I also have a nice collection of ADSL modems, which BT insist on
sending before they cancel my order, and then don't seem to want back.
I have recently contacted BT, due to an intermittent fault on my
phone line, meaning I cannot get a dial tone and therefore cannot
connect to the net, or make any phone calls! I asked the call taker
if it was possible to 'reserve' the next copper pair available at my
exchange, to be told that it wasn't..... How on earth do I proceed
with this? It would appear to be a vicious circle of on line ordering
and subsequent cancellations by BT, with no common sense method of
getting out of the loop. This is all the more frustrating knowing
I've got neighbours a stones throw away getting a massively quicker
service. Anyone who can assist me will go on my Xmas card list
immediately.

Thanks.

Old April 15th 05, 05:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

"Cliff Goldsmith" wrote in news:d3opnp$7g8$1
@news6.svr.pol.co.uk:

get him to go wireless and share his connection and share his cost....

Or run a cable, cheaper and far more reliable.

--
Colin
Old April 15th 05, 08:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Reg Edwards

My neighbour, a BT engineer, has a working
service due to being transferred onto a copper line using an

overlay.

BT no longer has any engineers. Mrs Thatcher & Co made them all
redundent. Non-profit making.

They only have Modgers.

A Modger is somebody they send round to fix your dish washer and you
end up by buying a new one.

Old April 15th 05, 08:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Reg Edwards wrote:
My neighbour, a BT engineer, has a working
service due to being transferred onto a copper line using an overlay.

BT no longer has any engineers. Mrs Thatcher & Co made them all
redundent. Non-profit making.

They only have Modgers.

A Modger is somebody they send round to fix your dish washer and you
end up by buying a new one.

Many a true

Old April 17th 05, 10:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mogweed

"zero" wrote in message

COPPER OVERLAY ?

can anyone explain this please ?