STRAW POLL: NDO or Pipex?

Old April 15th 05, 08:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Ough

Default STRAW POLL: NDO or Pipex?

Got my MAC from NDO, and looking where to go.

Which one of the two is better overall?

Thanks

Simon

Old April 15th 05, 11:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Anton G˙sen

Simon Ough wrote:

Got my MAC from NDO, and looking where to go.

Which one of the two is better overall?

Thanks

Simon

Well I'm quite happy with NDO......
Old April 16th 05, 01:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Well I'm quite happy with NDO......

And i`m quite happy with Pipex...

Unless you can find a user who's been with both its difficult to compare,
but adslguide.org.uk might have a wider range of customers who've rated
them overall :-}

Old April 16th 05, 02:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 15 Apr 2005 20:41, "Simon Ough" wrote:

Got my MAC from NDO

so why would you be looking for comparison of NDO and Pipex :-)

--
Plus.Net http://tinyurl.com/5jpa4
I recommend them and save some cash.

Old April 16th 05, 02:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 15 Apr 2005 20:41, "Simon Ough" wrote:

Which one of the two is better overall ?

depends what your 'overall' includes... reliable connection / helpful
customer service/tech support people / good news service / high speeds
for data transfers using their service / ping times to various servers

--
Try a commercial news service - from 50 MB/day (once-only fee of $5 )
up to 1500 MB/day for 6 months $99.95, 600 GB over 6 months $149.75
Old April 16th 05, 11:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Ough

"Peter M" wrote in message
s.net...
On 15 Apr 2005 20:41, "Simon Ough" wrote:

Which one of the two is better overall ?

depends what your 'overall' includes... reliable connection / helpful
customer service/tech support people / good news service / high speeds
for data transfers using their service / ping times to various servers

I'd ideally like to get an impression from people who have experienced both.

I find the latency on my 1MBit connection to be quite poor. Just wanting to
know if pipex is any better.

My ping can be as high as 272msec with no packet loss.

Not good, methinks,

Simon

Old April 16th 05, 12:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Michael Chare

"Simon Ough" wrote in message
Got my MAC from NDO, and looking where to go.

Which one of the two is better overall?

Pipex prices no longer appear attractive if you only want, or BT will only
provide, a 512K connection.

--

Michael Chare