FAO Plusnet support

Old April 16th 05, 10:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jon Parker

Default FAO Plusnet support

Hello,

Just wanted to ask when the free speed upgrades mentioned in an email to
your customers around 3 months ago are going to start happening?

If it's relevant I'm in NR8 6

Thanks
--
Regards
Jon
Old April 16th 05, 10:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 10:23:10 +0100, Jon Parker
wrote:

Hello,

Just wanted to ask when the free speed upgrades mentioned in an email to
your customers around 3 months ago are going to start happening?

If it's relevant I'm in NR8 6

Thanks

Hi Jon,

We published a rough schedule for the regrades a few days ago. You can see
this at

http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1113248097.htm

With Regards,

Dave,
Old April 16th 05, 10:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jon Parker

declared for all the world to hear...
We published a rough schedule for the regrades a few days ago. You can see
this at

http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1113248097.htm

Good stuff. Is there an easy way of telling which DSLAM I'm on?
--
Regards
Jon
Old April 16th 05, 11:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

Jon Parker wrote:

declared for all the world to hear...
We published a rough schedule for the regrades a few days ago. You
can see this at

http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1113248097.htm

Good stuff. Is there an easy way of telling which DSLAM I'm on?

In a word, NO - which makes the schedule pretty useless if your exchange has
several DSLAMs with a different date for each one!
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old April 16th 05, 02:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jon Parker

declared for all the world to hear...
http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1113248097.htm

Good stuff. Is there an easy way of telling which DSLAM I'm on?

In a word, NO - which makes the schedule pretty useless if your exchange has
several DSLAMs with a different date for each one!

Is there an easy way of telling which exchange I'm on? Physically
speaking I'm roughly equidistant between 2 exchanges in Norwich. And
they both have different dates on the schedule!
--
Regards
Jon
Old April 16th 05, 03:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Jon Parker" wrote in message
Is there an easy way of telling which exchange I'm on? Physically
speaking I'm roughly equidistant between 2 exchanges in Norwich. And
they both have different dates on the schedule!

Put your telephone number in the BT checker on http://www.bt.com/broadband/
and it will tell you.

Regards
Sunil

Old April 16th 05, 04:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 14:33:28 +0100, Jon Parker
wrote:

declared for all the world to hear...
http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1113248097.htm

Good stuff. Is there an easy way of telling which DSLAM I'm on?

In a word, NO - which makes the schedule pretty useless if your
exchange has
several DSLAMs with a different date for each one!

Is there an easy way of telling which exchange I'm on? Physically
speaking I'm roughly equidistant between 2 exchanges in Norwich. And
they both have different dates on the schedule!

Hi,

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/

will tell you which exchange you are on, but unfortunately there's no way
of knowing which DSLAM you're on.

Old April 16th 05, 05:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jon Parker

declared for all the world to hear...
Is there an easy way of telling which exchange I'm on? Physically
speaking I'm roughly equidistant between 2 exchanges in Norwich. And
they both have different dates on the schedule!

Hi,
http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
will tell you which exchange you are on, but unfortunately there's no way
of knowing which DSLAM you're on.

OK, so the BT checker says my line is already ready for 2meg.

The BT upgrade document says my exchange is getting done in July.

Why plusnet, if my line is capable of 2 meg, am I still on 512k?

Is it a case of a phased migration from your end or is it a restriction
imposed by BT? If I want to upgrade to 2Mb now I guess you're going to
want me to pay some money for that?
--
Regards
Jon
Old April 16th 05, 05:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Jon Parker wrote:
declared for all the world to hear...

Is there an easy way of telling which exchange I'm on? Physically
speaking I'm roughly equidistant between 2 exchanges in Norwich. And
they both have different dates on the schedule!

Hi,
http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
will tell you which exchange you are on, but unfortunately there's no way
of knowing which DSLAM you're on.

OK, so the BT checker says my line is already ready for 2meg.

The BT upgrade document says my exchange is getting done in July.

Why plusnet, if my line is capable of 2 meg, am I still on 512k?

Is it a case of a phased migration from your end or is it a restriction
imposed by BT? If I want to upgrade to 2Mb now I guess you're going to
want me to pay some money for that?

Your line may be ready for 2MB, but work will need to be done on your
line to activate this.

As the order to BT to upgrade our customers is very large, then it will
take the next few months to complete.

If you want to upgrade now there will be a charge for this, as we will
need to pay BT for this work. If you wait until the bulk regrades have
completed then there will be no charge.

Regards,

--
+ ----- PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband ------
Old April 16th 05, 06:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike NG

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 at 17:23:35, Jon Parker (Jon Parker
) wrote:
OK, so the BT checker says my line is already ready for 2meg.

TBH, take what it says with a pinch of salt

This is what it says for me, and I am happily running at 2MB with no
engineer and good speeds:
Our initial test on your line indicates that you may be able to have an
ADSL broadband service that provides 1Mbps, 512Kbps or 256Kbps download
speed. However due to the length of your line the 1Mbps service may
require an engineer visit who will, where possible, supply the broadband
service.
--
Mike