A question for Plusnet support.

Old April 16th 05, 01:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Hopeless

Default A question for Plusnet support.

Hi,
I recently signed up for your Broadband Premier package which allows speeds
up to 2Mb. I only seem to be getting 1Mb speeds so does this mean that my
line was not good enough for 2Mb or will my speed be upgraded when BT allow?
Cheers.
Bob

Old April 16th 05, 02:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 16 Apr 2005 13:58, "Bob Hopeless" wrote:

I recently signed up for your Broadband Premier package which allows speeds
up to 2Mb. I only seem to be getting 1Mb speeds so does this mean that my
line was not good enough for 2Mb or will my speed be upgraded when BT allow?

Check the earlier post on the *same subject* (there's a link to a PDF which
has a proposed schedule of changes, which is subject to change).

Incidentally, have you never used plusnet.service.customer-feedback
(using the Plus.Net news service, of course!)

Your query is one of several upgrade related subjects under discussion...

30 day free trial... http://web.vfm-deals.com/runbox/
Old April 16th 05, 02:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 16 Apr 2005 14:45, I wrote:

Check the earlier post on the *same subject*

My mistake - both mentioned "Plusnet support" but of course yours is one
which could better be answered using the Plus.Net portal and their "Contact
Us" facility, or by picking up the phone and speaking to them... They won't
be able to tell from just your name, and will ask for your username and other
details (eg phone number) perhaps :-) Peter Morgan.

--
Try a commercial news service - from 50 MB/day (once-only fee of $5 )
up to 1500 MB/day for 6 months $99.95, 600 GB over 6 months $149.75
Old April 16th 05, 02:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Hopeless

which could better be answered using the Plus.Net portal and their
"Contact
Us" facility, or by picking up the phone and speaking to them...

I emailed them yesterday but no reply yet.

Cheers

Old April 16th 05, 03:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 14:58, "Bob Hopeless" wrote:

I emailed them yesterday but no reply yet.

you'd have a job sending e-mail... AFAIK they don't publish any e-mail
addresses, though there might be some web-based form for certain types
of enquiry. Phone or 'contact us' are how they recommend contact for
service issues, and this falls into that category, I'd have thought.

Old April 16th 05, 04:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 13:58:47 +0100, Bob Hopeless
wrote:

Hi,
I recently signed up for your Broadband Premier package which allows
speeds
up to 2Mb. I only seem to be getting 1Mb speeds so does this mean that
my
line was not good enough for 2Mb or will my speed be upgraded when BT
allow?
Cheers.
Bob

Hi Bob,

When you signed up were you given the option of which speed you wanted? If
so then you'll have been provisioned on that speed, if not then your line
won't be able to support 2Mbps at the moment, however the limits may be
relaxed later in the year.

With Regards,

Dave,
Old April 16th 05, 05:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
none

Bob Hopeless wrote:
Hi,
I recently signed up for your Broadband Premier package which allows speeds
up to 2Mb. I only seem to be getting 1Mb speeds so does this mean that my
line was not good enough for 2Mb or will my speed be upgraded when BT allow?
Cheers.
Bob

I recently upgraded from 1MB to the new 2MB product and, although my
modem said it was connected at 2MB, I was still only getting max
120k/sec downloads with PlusNet's speed checker saying 950k. I
connected to the BT test username and that said 1980k so I reconnected
to PlusNet and whad'ya know, it suddenly started working at a full
240k/sec 2000k and all with a line loss of -44dB