BT Exchange data

Old April 16th 05, 05:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Hodgson

Default BT Exchange data

Hi,

Someone whilst in the pub the other night was explaining that an area
close to ours had got ADSL, even though some of BT's stats said they
were to be upgraded in June this year. We are down for conversion in
July this year, and just wanted to know whether these stats are
accurate or whether there is a more accurate place I could get them?
Currently looking at www.adslguide.org.uk.

Also, when the exchange goes live with ADSL, can I sign up before so I
get ADSL straight away when it does go live, or do I have to wait
until the exchange goes live?

Thanks.
Andrew.
My Email: use andrew at hodgsonfamily dot org.
Old April 16th 05, 06:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

The checker at http://www.bt.com/broadband/ is the most accurate.

Also, when the exchange goes live with ADSL, can I sign up before so I
get ADSL straight away when it does go live, or do I have to wait
until the exchange goes live?

You can order pre-order ADSL now.

Its normally installed and working about 5 days after your exchange has gone
live (regardless of if you order now or on the day it goes live)

Regards
Sunil

Old April 16th 05, 07:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Hodgson

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 18:11:53 +0100, "Sunil Sood"
wrote:

"Andrew Hodgson" wrote in message
.. .
Someone whilst in the pub the other night was explaining that an area
close to ours had got ADSL, even though some of BT's stats said they
were to be upgraded in June this year. We are down for conversion in
July this year, and just wanted to know whether these stats are
accurate or whether there is a more accurate place I could get them?
Currently looking at www.adslguide.org.uk.

The checker at http://www.bt.com/broadband/ is the most accurate.

Thanks - it says its earlier than my exchange on adslguide, so it
looks like I need to have another look around - current contenders are
Plusnet, A&A, Nildram or Demon.