24h ISDN Flat rate?

Old April 18th 05, 08:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tim Guy

Default 24h ISDN Flat rate?

I have a requirement for a 24h broadband connection.

I'm 11k's off the local exchange and have finally managed to get BT/Demon to
agree it isn't going to happen with DSL (only took 4 months and alot of
accusations of my kit being faulty, but I digress)

Only thing I can think of is ISDN with a local device keeping it up.

Is there such a package these days? Demon or not!

Cheers

Tim

Old April 18th 05, 10:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Grant

"Tim Guy" wrote in message

Only thing I can think of is ISDN with a local device keeping it up.

True 24/7 is not cheap:

http://www.uk.clara.net/claraaccess/isdn/ft_247.php
http://www.uk.clara.net/claraaccess/isdn/ft_247a.php

The latter is 1:1 with no cutoffs. Make sure you're sitting down first.

13 hours a day on average can be had for £40/month:
http://www.plus.net/products/residen..._standard.html

Before ADSL, I was using Clara for 4 hours a day on average for £15/month:
http://www.uk.clara.net/homeaccess/ft_anytime.php

Old April 18th 05, 10:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 18 Apr 2005 07:25 GMT, "Tim Guy" wrote:

Only thing I can think of is ISDN with a local device keeping it up.
Is there such a package these days? Demon or not!

BT Surftime Anytime is 105/quarter (inc VAT) while from memory, Demon
Premier Connect Plus is 19.99/month. Those are on top of line rent.

Premier Connect Plus is an upgrade from the SDU (standard dial up) a/c
info: http://www.demon.net/helpdesk/technicallibrary/sdu/numbers/
upgrade: http://www.premierconnect.uk.demon.net/register/pc_start.html

--
Try a commercial news service - from 50 MB/day (once-only fee of $5 )
up to 1500 MB/day for 6 months $99.95, 600 GB over 6 months $149.75

Old April 18th 05, 03:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 07:25:26 GMT, Tim Guy
wrote:

I have a requirement for a 24h broadband connection.

I'm 11k's off the local exchange and have finally managed to get
BT/Demon to
agree it isn't going to happen with DSL (only took 4 months and alot of
accusations of my kit being faulty, but I digress)

Only thing I can think of is ISDN with a local device keeping it up.

Is there such a package these days? Demon or not!

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim,

We do a couple of "always on" dial-up accounts including an "always on"
128k ISDN account, details are at

http://www.plus.net/products/busines...s_anytime.html

With Regards,

Dave,