PIPEX - Can I get a sticky\static IP?

Old April 18th 05, 01:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

Default PIPEX - Can I get a sticky\static IP?

Occasionally, my router drops it's connection to PIPEX which means I get a
different IP address when it reconnects a nanosecond later. I think most of
my problems with apps, games and xbox live would go away if I got the same
IP back again. Are there any magic words I can give to PIPEX to get them to
give me a sticky IP? It doesn't have to be static but if I lose connection
and reconnect within a minute it would be nice to get the same IP.

Cheers for any help.

Dave.

Old April 18th 05, 03:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tim Guy

Yeah. It costs though.

Our MD has a Pipex static IP address and I think it cost about 50quid a
month.

Go for dynamic DNS. Much cheaper.

Google for 'dynamic dns'

Tim

Old April 19th 05, 12:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DubDriver

"Dave" wrote in message
Occasionally, my router drops it's connection to PIPEX which means I get a
different IP address when it reconnects a nanosecond later. I think most
of
my problems with apps, games and xbox live would go away if I got the same
IP back again. Are there any magic words I can give to PIPEX to get them
give me a sticky IP? It doesn't have to be static but if I lose
connection
and reconnect within a minute it would be nice to get the same IP.

Cheers for any help.

Dave.

I'm on Pipex Solo 2000, for me static IP cost 2.35

It may not be available for you depending on your current service

Find out he

https://www.mypipex.net/xtreme/session-login-form.php

MY ACCOUNT

In the central table MY ACCOUNT DETAILS SERVICE your_service click
CHANGE

You should arrive here
https://www.mypipex.net/solo/service...ct-service.php

Where static option can be chosen if available.

Old April 19th 05, 09:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

I know this post isn't going to help but I have been with Pipex for 3 years
and in all that time my IP address hasn't changed once. I shut down my
computer almost every night and reconnect in the morning. This is a "sticky"
IP address but seems pretty static to me!

Dan

Old April 19th 05, 09:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DubDriver

"Dave" wrote in message

"DubDriver" wrote in message

I'm on Pipex Solo 2000, for me static IP cost 2.35

Is that per month?

Yes, 2.35 per month

Old April 19th 05, 11:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Dan" d.d.com wrote in message
I know this post isn't going to help but I have been with Pipex for 3

years
and in all that time my IP address hasn't changed once. I shut down my
computer almost every night and reconnect in the morning. This is a

"sticky"
IP address but seems pretty static to me!

You're lucky then. My router can drop the connection and reconnect in the
same second but I always get a different IP address. I'd be happy if it was
sticky for 30 seconds after the connection drops.

Dan

Old April 19th 05, 11:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"DubDriver" wrote in message
"Dave" wrote in message

"DubDriver" wrote in message

I'm on Pipex Solo 2000, for me static IP cost 2.35

Is that per month?

Yes, 2.35 per month

Cheers, I'll have a look on the website.