UK Online: LLU ADSL

Old April 18th 05, 02:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Default UK Online: LLU ADSL

As I understand it my exchange is due to be enabled for LLU UK Online
services very soon.

A few questions:

Are the DSL parameters the same as BT Wholesale products ? (I'm
currently with Pipex) i.e. Do I simply change the username and password
on my router ?

Is the service genuinely uncapped ?

Do I migrate as normal with a MAC code from Pipex, or is there a
different arrangement going to/from BT/LLU connections ?

What would the downtime be between services (hours, or days)?

Presumably the same line length/attenuation figures that BT adhere to
still apply for max speed ?

How reliable etc are UK Online both technically and CS wise ?

TIA

--
Mark
Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply
Old April 18th 05, 02:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

Mark Carver wrote in
:

Are the DSL parameters the same as BT Wholesale products ? (I'm
currently with Pipex) i.e. Do I simply change the username and
password on my router ?

Yes, that should do.

Is the service genuinely uncapped ?

The 8Mbps service is capped at 500GB, but this appears to be a soft cap
which isn't enforced unless you're affecting service. Their 500Kbps and
2Mbps services are uncapped.

Do I migrate as normal with a MAC code from Pipex, or is there a
different arrangement going to/from BT/LLU connections ?

Migration certainly seems to be available

What would the downtime be between services (hours, or days)?

I think their web site quotes an hour.

Presumably the same line length/attenuation figures that BT adhere to
still apply for max speed ?

No, they're much more relaxed. On my current line I can't get 2Mbps
with BT, but should be able to get 2Mbps or 4Mbps, but probably not
8Mbps.

--
Phil
http://www.weezer.plus.com/