Is there a way to verify that a line is upgraded for ADSL?

Old April 18th 05, 04:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Is there a way to verify that a line is upgraded for ADSL?

Hi,
I have to help someone who is having problems with a new computer,
modem and an aol.com broadband package. There seems to be a little
confusion about whom did what to who and when. This includes some
uncertainty about the current status of the telephone line. Is there
any way I can test/find out whether ADSL is available on this line
before I start trying to get all the equipment to pull together?
Regards,
MikeyMuchos

Old April 19th 05, 06:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On 18 Apr 2005 08:58:09 -0700, wrote:

This includes some
uncertainty about the current status of the telephone line. Is there
any way I can test/find out whether ADSL is available on this line
before I start trying to get all the equipment to pull together?

plugging the modem in and trying it is standard.

put the number into
www.bt.com/broadband and look for the last
sentence " If you have an existing Broadband ADSL service and wish to
change service providers then please contact both your new and
existing service provider to have this service transferred."

ordinarily one would ask one's ISP. This may not work with America On
Line.

Phil

Old April 19th 05, 10:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

plugging the modem in and trying it is standard.

That's prolly the best idea so far. It didn't connect but that doesn't
mean it's not broadbandable, So I'll try your next helpful suggestion.
Thanks a lot for that.