1mb ISP suggestion please

Old April 18th 05, 11:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim

Default 1mb ISP suggestion please

I'm with Zen right now paying 35 pm for a 1mb line, but this is too much
nowadays I feel, not to mention there service is getting worse IMO.

So I'm on the look out for another ISP, my requirements are as follows,
1) Must do a 1mb service.
2) Max of 3 month contract, but would prefer 1 month.
3) No limit's on the amount I download, and no port blocking.
4) Would like to be able to pay by Cheque.

I think point Four is going to be a problem, I know how much companies
nowadays like a nice CC or DD (been watching to much Cosmetic Surgery Live I
think), well I think that's about it, not much to ask is?

Thanks in advance

Old April 19th 05, 06:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 23:43:25 +0100, "Jim"
wrote:

So I'm on the look out for another ISP, my requirements are as follows,
1) Must do a 1mb service.
2) Max of 3 month contract, but would prefer 1 month.
3) No limit's on the amount I download, and no port blocking.
4) Would like to be able to pay by Cheque.

http://www.metronet.co.uk/adsl/paygo...t#paygo-prices
http://support.metronet.co.uk/adsl/payments.xhtml1

3 month contract, pay in arrears by cheque, 13.75 to 26.75 per month
depending on use. Payment capped, but not consumption.

Phil

Old April 19th 05, 07:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bryan Henderson

wrote:

So I'm on the look out for another ISP, my requirements are as follows,
1) Must do a 1mb service.
2) Max of 3 month contract, but would prefer 1 month.
3) No limit's on the amount I download, and no port blocking.
4) Would like to be able to pay by Cheque.

http://www.metronet.co.uk/adsl/paygo...t#paygo-prices
http://support.metronet.co.uk/adsl/payments.xhtml1

3 month contract, pay in arrears by cheque, 13.75 to 26.75 per month
depending on use. Payment capped, but not consumption.

13.75 includes 1Gb of downloads etc. Excellent company so far.

Old April 20th 05, 12:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim

wrote:

So I'm on the look out for another ISP, my requirements are as follows,
1) Must do a 1mb service.
2) Max of 3 month contract, but would prefer 1 month.
3) No limit's on the amount I download, and no port blocking.
4) Would like to be able to pay by Cheque.

http://www.metronet.co.uk/adsl/paygo...t#paygo-prices
http://support.metronet.co.uk/adsl/payments.xhtml1

3 month contract, pay in arrears by cheque, 13.75 to 26.75 per month
depending on use. Payment capped, but not consumption.

Phil

Well there pricing is as clear as mud from what I can see, got so bad I had
to ring them and the poor guy on the phone even seemed confused, from what
he has says given I will be maxing out most of the time it looks like I'm
going to be paying somewhere between 26.75 and 60, no thanks.

Old April 20th 05, 07:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 00:26:28 +0100, "Jim"
wrote:

Well there pricing is as clear as mud from what I can see, got so bad I had
to ring them and the poor guy on the phone even seemed confused, from what
he has says given I will be maxing out most of the time it looks like I'm
going to be paying somewhere between 26.75 and 60, no thanks.

its a simple concept. There is a limit on the payment which is clear
in the table, its not a limit on use, its a cost ceiling.

Look at http://www.metronet.co.uk/adsl/paygo...t#paygo-prices

you want the PayGo1000 column. The minimunm cost is 13.75 per month,
this includes 1000 MB. This is a 50:1 Home product.

After the first 1000 MB you pay 0.0025 per MB up to a total of 26.75
which is when you get to 6200 MB after which there is no extra charge.

Simple really. The 60 is for the PayGo S1000 20-:1 contention service
(Office product) which you don't need. You must have talked the guy
into a knot.

Phil