A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbanterBanter

Welcome to BroadbanterBanter.

You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.

Go Back   Home » BroadbanterBanter forum » Newsgroup Discussions » uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) (uk.telecom.broadband) Discussion of broadband services, technology and equipment as provided in the UK. Discussions of specific services based on ADSL, cable modems or other broadband technology are also on-topic. Advertising is not allowed.

How do I check the status of a new line connection



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 21st 05, 12:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clive Savage
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 43
Default How do I check the status of a new line connection


My mother has moved into sheltered housing which is a new building.

The telephone socket is installed but BT have stated that because its
a new building, it will take 3 weeks, (and charge 75 for the
privilage).

Any way I can check the status of this online?


Bye for now.

Clive.
  #2  
Old April 21st 05, 01:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,472
Default How do I check the status of a new line connection

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 23:56:11 UTC, Clive Savage
wrote:


My mother has moved into sheltered housing which is a new building.

The telephone socket is installed but BT have stated that because its
a new building, it will take 3 weeks, (and charge 75 for the
privilage).


75 quid is the normal charge for a new line. The fact that the line is
already there is irrelevant. BT will have been involved in its provision
and won't have been paid yet.

Any way I can check the status of this online?


You need the number, I suspect. Ring 150?
--
[ 7'ism - a condition by which the sufferer experiences an inability
to give concise answers, express reasoned argument or opinion.
Usually accompanied by silly noises and gestures - incurable, early
euthanasia recommended. ]
  #3  
Old April 21st 05, 10:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,969
Default How do I check the status of a new line connection

Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 23:56:11 UTC, Clive Savage
wrote:


My mother has moved into sheltered housing which is a new building.

The telephone socket is installed but BT have stated that because
its a new building, it will take 3 weeks, (and charge o75 for the
privilage).


75 quid is the normal charge for a new line. The fact that the line
is already there is irrelevant. BT will have been involved in its
provision and won't have been paid yet.


That's their fault then for installing a line without anybody ordering it
g

Besides, if all the wiring is in place, why does it need to take 3
weeks..? 3 minutes to punch a few keys on a keyboard seems more like it.


Ivor


  #4  
Old April 21st 05, 11:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,472
Default How do I check the status of a new line connection

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 21:42:48 UTC, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

That's their fault then for installing a line without anybody ordering it
g

Besides, if all the wiring is in place, why does it need to take 3
weeks..? 3 minutes to punch a few keys on a keyboard seems more like it.


Oh, I agree with that bit. I guess it depends how far back they've done
the wiring. In the case of a small development, probably not very far...

When I had our most recent line installed, they used a spare pair in the
existing drop cable from the pole. But that was after a lot of activity
the day before...man up poe (several times), existing phone line going
dead and coming back, man down manhole at end of road...then I observed
similar activity (same man) at intervals between here and the
exchange...

--
[ 7'ism - a condition by which the sufferer experiences an inability
to give concise answers, express reasoned argument or opinion.
Usually accompanied by silly noises and gestures - incurable, early
euthanasia recommended. ]
  #5  
Old April 22nd 05, 06:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John F Hall
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 16
Default How do I check the status of a new line connection

In article ,
Ivor Jones wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 23:56:11 UTC, Clive Savage
wrote:


My mother has moved into sheltered housing which is a new building.

The telephone socket is installed but BT have stated that because
its a new building, it will take 3 weeks, (and charge o75 for the
privilage).


75 quid is the normal charge for a new line. The fact that the line
is already there is irrelevant. BT will have been involved in its
provision and won't have been paid yet.


That's their fault then for installing a line without anybody ordering it
g

Besides, if all the wiring is in place, why does it need to take 3
weeks..? 3 minutes to punch a few keys on a keyboard seems more like it.


All what wiring? All you have so far is a cable from your house to the
nearest distribution point.

--
John F Hall
 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BB: How do I check BT has activated my line for another ISP? OwlService uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 5 October 21st 04 12:14 PM
BB - How long does BT take to do second line check for another ISP? OwlService uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 5 October 13th 04 02:57 PM
check line sandman112 uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 1 October 2nd 04 12:42 PM
Pre order line check ? Chris Schwindack uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 15 July 9th 04 05:03 PM
Line Status Concern Dangerous_Dave uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 2 January 2nd 04 08:41 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2019 BroadbanterBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.