Bulldog on LLU: 320+ exchanges and faster speeds

Old April 21st 05, 02:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

Default Bulldog on LLU: 320+ exchanges and faster speeds

---
The roll out of the Bulldog access network is progressing ahead of schedule.
As of 15 April 2005 Bulldog had installed and released for service 320
exchanges. We expect therefore to complete the initial phase of our
investment - 400 exchanges - by May 2005, seven months ahead of our initial
timetable.

Customer response to our initial offer is encouraging and we remain very
confident about the rate of customer acquisition in the second half of this
calendar year, as we enter the full commercial phase of our plan.

We have also made substantial progress in the development of Bulldog's
organisation and the appointment of Emanuele Angelidis as CEO provides
Bulldog with the leadership and operating experience to execute its plans.

It is against this background that the Bulldog team is developing plans for
higher speed services (currently already twice as fast as BT) and an
extended roll out that would take our market coverage beyond 30 percent.
Cable & Wireless' NGN forms the scalable and flexible basis on which to grow
Bulldog's service speed and footprint.

The plan will meet our internal financial criteria and its implementation
will be phased with the evolution of customer demand. An update on the next
phase of the plan will be communicated with the final results announcement
on 26 May 2005.
---

More on Bulldog/C&W at
http://fool.uk-wire.com/cgi-bin/arti...0100P1BB7.html

Regards
Sunil

Old April 21st 05, 12:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clueless

Sunil Sood wrote:
---
The roll out of the Bulldog access network is progressing ahead of
schedule. As of 15 April 2005 Bulldog had installed and released for
service 320 exchanges. We expect therefore to complete the initial
phase of our investment - 400 exchanges - by May 2005, seven months
ahead of our initial timetable.

Hi Sunil

They have finally come to my exchange so am considering a 4 Mb package. Does
anyone have experience of their bonded ADSL connections? Last I spoke to
them a few months ago they were undertaking technical trials but am now told
they are available only on business tariffs.

Thanks

S. Althaf

Old April 21st 05, 01:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
P H

My 2pence worth. I know I can't blame them for doing it but they, like
everyone else in the LLU market are still "cherry picking" the best
exchanges in large metropolitain areas. It's about time this practice was
stopped.

Phill H

Old April 21st 05, 07:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Pleasants

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:17:01 +0100, "P H"
wrote:

My 2pence worth. I know I can't blame them for doing it but they, like
everyone else in the LLU market are still "cherry picking" the best
exchanges in large metropolitain areas. It's about time this practice was
stopped.

Not gonna happen. When any business looks to invest in something it is
going to choose somewhere that it genuinely believes that investment will
pay for itself and then some. Exchanges where their strategists believe
the return will not cover the investment will not be invested in. And
let's face it, why should they? If someone came to you asked you to invest
your money in something and you did not believe there was any chance you'd
make that money back you wouldn't do it and if you wouldn't, why should
they?
Old April 21st 05, 07:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\\\) voom

"P H" wrote in message
My 2pence worth. I know I can't blame them for doing it but they, like
everyone else in the LLU market are still "cherry picking" the best
exchanges in large metropolitain areas. It's about time this practice was
stopped.

Phill H

Hmm but dont forget that by offering these new cheaper services on LLU they
are pushing down broadband prices over the whole market which will benifit
everyone.

Less competition = Higher prices.

Old April 28th 05, 03:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Clueless" wrote in message
They have finally come to my exchange so am considering a 4 Mb package.
Does anyone have experience of their bonded ADSL connections? Last I spoke
to them a few months ago they were undertaking technical trials but am now
told they are available only on business tariffs.

Afraid I have no experience of their business tariffs or bonded products.

However, as several ISP's are able to offer bonded DSL over BT Wholesale's
network, I can see no problem in Bulldog offering this option - it should
actually be easier for them as they control everything from the DSLAM
onwards.

Regards
Sunil