OneTel e-mail servers not responding?

Old April 21st 05, 10:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul D.Smith

Default OneTel e-mail servers not responding?

Anyone else on OneTel have friends receiving intermittent non-delivery
reports i.e. e-mail not reaching the OneTel servers?

Cheers,
Paul DS.

--
Please remove the "x-" if replying to sender.

Old April 21st 05, 07:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
none

yes the onetel email servers seem to be very fcuked at the moment.
i cant get anything thru them . they always are flakey
i will be dumping them soon as fed up with the problems

Old April 22nd 05, 08:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Paul D.Smith wrote:
Anyone else on OneTel have friends receiving intermittent non-delivery
reports i.e. e-mail not reaching the OneTel servers?

My parents are on One Tel dial up, it often takes up to 12 hours for an
E-Mail that I send to appear in their mailbox.

Which leads me to another question, any good [1] free or low cost third
party mail suppliers ? I'd set them up on the one I use GMX, but that's
now closed for any new applicants from outside Germany.

[1] By good I mean *not* Hotmail, something with spam filters, generous
mailbox size, etc.

--
Mark
Old April 22nd 05, 10:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul D.Smith

I never had any problems with Demon dial-up and their support is pretty
good. The only reason I switched was to get the cheapest combined
broadband/telephone/US-calls package.

You might want to try haggling too. When I told them I was leaving, they
cut my rental to 4.99/month!

Paul DS.

Old April 22nd 05, 04:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
J B

"none" wrote in message
ups.com...
yes the onetel email servers seem to be very fcuked at the moment.
i cant get anything thru them . they always are flakey

I use onetel, I thought they were OK, but someone just said they were having
difficulty e mailing me!!

--

J B

Old April 22nd 05, 11:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 22 Apr 2005 07:46, Mark Carver wrote:

Which leads me to another question, any good [1] free or low cost third
party mail suppliers ? ...

[1] By good I mean *not* Hotmail, something with spam filters, generous
mailbox size, etc.

Try yahoo.co.uk - 250 MB allowed, allows POP access (+ SMTP) - and has
spam detection (works quite well enough for me). Peter M.

--
Try a commercial news service - from 50 MB/day (once-only fee of $5 )
up to 1500 MB/day for 6 months $99.95, 600 GB over 6 months $149.75
Old April 24th 05, 03:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Matt

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
Paul D.Smith wrote:
Anyone else on OneTel have friends receiving intermittent non-delivery
reports i.e. e-mail not reaching the OneTel servers?

My parents are on One Tel dial up, it often takes up to 12 hours for an
E-Mail that I send to appear in their mailbox.

Which leads me to another question, any good [1] free or low cost third
party mail suppliers ? I'd set them up on the one I use GMX, but that's
now closed for any new applicants from outside Germany.

[1] By good I mean *not* Hotmail, something with spam filters, generous
mailbox size, etc.

--
Mark

Gmail is good, fast, sleek, big allowance. LMK if you want an invite.

matt83uk (at) gmail dot com