belkin wireless access point

Old April 21st 05, 11:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn

Default belkin wireless access point

Sorry, this is slightly offtopic but someone here might have a similar
setup. I have the wireless access point F5D7130 (connected to a zoom
adsl router.) No problem with any of that- it works brilliantly.
However, I don't seem able to access the WAP, which I understood I
should be able to do by entering 192.168.2.254 in a web browser. It
tries to connect, but gives up after a couple of minutes. Any idea what
I'm doing wrong, or do some models come with a different IP setting?

TIA

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net
Old April 21st 05, 01:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian

"chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn"
wrote in message
news:1gvda3j.1l59kzf1idkn9cN%this_address_is_for_s ...
Sorry, this is slightly offtopic but someone here might have a similar
setup. I have the wireless access point F5D7130 (connected to a zoom
adsl router.) No problem with any of that- it works brilliantly.
However, I don't seem able to access the WAP, which I understood I
should be able to do by entering 192.168.2.254 in a web browser. It
tries to connect, but gives up after a couple of minutes. Any idea what
I'm doing wrong, or do some models come with a different IP setting?

TIA

HI
The last one I connected to got it IP address by DHCP as default. Or you
have to use the utility supplied.

Ian

Old April 21st 05, 01:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NBT

chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn wrote:
Sorry, this is slightly offtopic but someone here might have a similar
setup. I have the wireless access point F5D7130 (connected to a zoom
adsl router.) No problem with any of that- it works brilliantly.
However, I don't seem able to access the WAP, which I understood I
should be able to do by entering 192.168.2.254 in a web browser. It
tries to connect, but gives up after a couple of minutes. Any idea what
I'm doing wrong, or do some models come with a different IP setting?

TIA

Are you trying to connect via wired or wireless connection?

From the Manual

You will need to set your *Wireless* Client to the same subnet as the
WAP before you can access the Web-based interface. Perform the following
steps from the computer you wish to configure your WAP from:
NOTE: You must undo these steps once you have complete configuring your WAP.
Windows 98, ME, 2000 and XP
1. Go to the Windows control panel and double-click on the Network icon
or the Network Connections icon.
2. Right-click on the Local Area Connection for your Wireless adapter
and select Properties.
3. In the General Tab select the Internet ProtocolTCP/IP settings for
your wireless adapter and click on the Properties button.
4. Select the “Use the following IP address” radio button.
5. Enter and IP address in the same subnet as the Access Point. For
Example: 192.168.2.200
6. Enter the following subnet mask: 255.255.255.0 then click OK
Note: Once you have completed configuring your WAP, repeat steps 1
through 3 above. Then select “Obtain an IP automatically” or set a valid
IP for your computer on the same subnet as the network you are
connecting to.
Old April 21st 05, 05:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn

NBT wrote:

[]

From the Manual

Thanks- that did the trick. Oddly, the instructions are all in French,
but I can handle that. Thanks.

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net
Old April 21st 05, 06:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NBT

chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn wrote:
NBT wrote:

[]

From the Manual

http://web.belkin.com/support/downlo...130_manual.pdf
Old April 21st 05, 07:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

NBT wrote:

chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn wrote:
NBT wrote:

[]

From the Manual

Thanks- that did the trick. Oddly, the instructions are all in French,
but I can handle that. Thanks.

http://web.belkin.com/support/downlo...130_manual.pdf

I've got a multilanguage manual. I meant that the language on the web
controls is in French. Why would that be?

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net
Old April 21st 05, 07:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NBT

chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn wrote:
8............................................... ...
I've got a multilanguage manual. I meant that the language on the web
controls is in French. Why would that be?

F5D7130fr
Old April 21st 05, 07:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

NBT wrote:

chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn wrote:
I've got a multilanguage manual. I meant that the language on the web
controls is in French. Why would that be?

F5D7130fr

Except the model clearly says it is the UK one.

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net