Intermittent Caller ID

Old April 21st 05, 03:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pete

Default Intermittent Caller ID

Did a quick google for this but no joy....

My Panasonic DECT phone supports CLID. Previously all was well but recently
it seems to only detect the CLID intermittently. One call, number is
displayed fine, the next... not a sausage.

Is this an issue with one of the ADSL filters on the line being broken?
If so, is it definitely the one which the phone is connected to or could
it be caused by one of the others?
Recommendation for a decent quality filter which behaves itself with CLID?

Thanks

Pete
Old April 21st 05, 03:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Murphy

"Pete" wrote in message
Did a quick google for this but no joy....

My Panasonic DECT phone supports CLID. Previously all was well but
recently
it seems to only detect the CLID intermittently. One call, number is
displayed fine, the next... not a sausage.

Is this an issue with one of the ADSL filters on the line being broken?
If so, is it definitely the one which the phone is connected to or could
it be caused by one of the others?
Recommendation for a decent quality filter which behaves itself with CLID?

Thanks

Pete

How many devices are plugged into the line? I have an ADSL connection
through a BT line with both a UK CID compatible modem and a UK CID
Compatible phone connected to it and Caller ID data always comes through to
both devices (except for some international calls). I'm aware that if to
many devices are plugged in, CID functioning can be impared. My Microfilter
is of YCL brand and it came with my SMC Barricade all-in-one router.

Is CID reliable with only the phone connected?

Paul

Old April 21st 05, 03:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Quinten Uijldert

Pete wrote:
Did a quick google for this but no joy....

My Panasonic DECT phone supports CLID. Previously all was well but
recently
it seems to only detect the CLID intermittently. One call, number is
displayed fine, the next... not a sausage.

Is this an issue with one of the ADSL filters on the line being broken?
If so, is it definitely the one which the phone is connected to or could
it be caused by one of the others?
Recommendation for a decent quality filter which behaves itself with CLID?

Thanks

Pete

I've had this happening over 2 years ago. Many calls where made to BT, but
none solved the problem. Would work for days, then stop again. In the end
I cancelled the CID service. About 2 months ago I installed some VoIP stuff
and consequently had the need again for CID. Have the service now enabled
and it has been flawless ever since. Nothing has changed on my side (apart
from a Sipura 3000 and an Asterisk PABX), so I presume it was BT to blame.

Q.

--
*** to reply, please use usenet [at] awooga [.] nl ***

Old April 22nd 05, 12:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pete

In article ,
Paul Murphy wrote:
"Pete" wrote in message
[...]

I have the phone in one filter, my Tivo and the ADSL line in the other filter.
Nothing else.

Is CID reliable with only the phone connected?

Not tried removing the only analogue device (i.e. the Tivo) so I don't
know if this is the case. Investigation in order.

It's the fact that it used to work but it now only does sometimes which is
perplexing.

Pete
Old April 22nd 05, 02:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Murphy

"Pete" wrote in message
In article ,
Paul Murphy wrote:
"Pete" wrote in message
[...]

I understand your concern. My question re testing it with just one device
wasn't meant as a permanent solution but to ascertain if the REN may have
had anything to do with it. It's simple to do many tests in quick succession
using a mobile phone, so its not like you have to leave things disconnected
for days to test it out properly. If its reliable with just the DECT phone
plugged in, then it may give a clue to a problem with the extension/other
circuit or filter. The other posts in this thread look to have good
pointers. The filter tests referred to through Nigel M's link specifically
referred to similar issues with some DECT phones (as was the case with some
filter reviews at http://www.dslfilter.co.uk/ ). It looks as if something
has changed with regards to BTs setup/configuration for the line and your
exact combination of hardware no longer likes the new settings. I'd be
interested to know how BT explain it given that it used to all work together
fine and is now unreliable with no changes on your side.

Paul

Old April 23rd 05, 06:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Lee

I have a Panasonic PABX which does not support Caller Display. I have
several caller Display units fed from an outside line at each extension
position. Some are filtered, some are not.
BT Caller Display 50 (4xAAA) and BT Giveaway (the blue one 3xAAA) both
have a REN of 0 and work 99% of the time with no filter.
Caller Display CD1000 with a 9v battery has a REN of 1 and never works
for me on an unfiltered line. I only have one filter which feeds the
PABX.
Caller Display 50 plugged into LineBox never fails.

Also Pete

In message , Pete
writes