New broadband connection?????

Old April 21st 05, 09:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Blueyonder Support

Default New broadband connection?????

I'm looking at changing my current broadband connection from BT to try to
save money.
I've seen Supanet at 17.99 a month for a 2Mb connection and 3GB bandwith.
I'm not a massive downloader and don't game at all but will surf for about
2-3 hours a day, can any recommend an better offer of tell me and pro's or
con's with this one?

cheers

Old April 21st 05, 11:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 21:46:22 UTC, Mavis Beacon wrote:

Blueyonder Support wrote

I'm looking at changing my current broadband connection from BT to try to
save money.
I've seen Supanet at 17.99 a month for a 2Mb connection and 3GB bandwith.
I'm not a massive downloader and don't game at all but will surf for about
2-3 hours a day, can any recommend an better offer of tell me and pro's or
con's with this one?

There's no advantage in paying for a 2Mb connection when you only
plan to surf the net. A half Mb connection is just as quick to
download webpages.

Unless, of course, it's the same price for any speed.

euthanasia recommended. ]
Old April 21st 05, 11:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

"Mavis Beacon" wrote in message
. net...

| Blueyonder Support wrote
|
| I'm looking at changing my current broadband connection from BT to try
| save money.
| I've seen Supanet at 17.99 a month for a 2Mb connection and 3GB
bandwith.
| I'm not a massive downloader and don't game at all but will surf for
about
| 2-3 hours a day, can any recommend an better offer of tell me and pro's
or
| con's with this one?
|

| There's no advantage in paying for a 2Mb connection when you only
| plan to surf the net. A half Mb connection is just as quick to
| download webpages.
|
| (unless you can read at the speed of Dr Who)

Can't agree with this. I mainly surf and found a better experience with each
upgrade from 0.5 to 1 to 2 Mb

Old April 22nd 05, 01:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yddap

"Blueyonder Support" wrote in message
k...
I'm looking at changing my current broadband connection from BT to try to
save money.
I've seen Supanet at 17.99 a month for a 2Mb connection and 3GB bandwith.
I'm not a massive downloader and don't game at all but will surf for about
2-3 hours a day, can any recommend an better offer of tell me and pro's or
con's with this one?

cheers

BT ? BY ?

Try By 256/ 128 service
Soon to be 512
ois -h whois.geektools.com 193.38.82.41 ...
GeekTools Whois Proxy v5.0.4 Ready.

Checking access for 82.37.43.65... ok.

Final results obtained from whois.ripe.net.

Results:
% This is the RIPE Whois query server #1.
% The objects are in RPSL format.
%
% Rights restricted by copyright.
% See http://www.ripe.net/db/copyright.html

inetnum: 193.38.64.0 - 193.38.95.255
netname: TWEST
descr: Telewest Broadband
country: GB
admin-c: TWIP1-RIPE
tech-c: TWIP1-RIPE
status: ASSIGNED PA
mnt-by: RIPE-NCC-LOCKED-MNT
remarks: Maintainer RIPE-NCC-NONE-MNT removed and object
remarks: LOCKED by the RIPE NCC due to
remarks: deprecation of the NONE authentication scheme.
remarks: Please visit the following URL to unlock this object
remarks: http://www.ripe.net/db/none-deprecation-042004.html
remarks: report abuse to
remarks: All other approaches will be ignored
rev-srv: ns.cableinet.net
rev-srv: ns2.cableinet.net
rev-srv: homer.telewest.co.uk
changed:
20020709
changed:
20040429
source: RIPE

route: 193.38.64.0/18
descr: Telewest Broadband
descr: UK Broadband ISP
origin: AS5462
notify:

mnt-by: AS5462-MNT
remarks: report abuse to

remarks: All reports via other channels will be ignored.
changed:
20020709
source: RIPE

role: Telewest Broadband IP Network Services
address: Genesis Business Park
address: Albert Drive
address: Woking
address: Surrey UK
address: GU21 5RW
e-mail:

admin-c: JH15424-RIPE
tech-c: AH15306-RIPE
tech-c: DR1307-RIPE
tech-c: DS15504-RIPE
tech-c: KJ2418-RIPE
tech-c: MG645-RIPE
tech-c: SA3620-RIPE
tech-c: SB5110-RIPE
tech-c: SL3595-RIPE
nic-hdl: TWIP1-RIPE
notify:

mnt-by: AS5462-MNT
changed:
20030820
source: RIPE

Results brought to you by the GeekTools WHOIS Proxy
Server results may be copyrighted and are used with permission.
Your host (82.37.43.65) has visited 5 times today.

--

Yddap
Remove guts to reply

Old April 22nd 05, 10:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JIP

I second that - a noticeable difference in surfing speeds, but especially in
the updating downloads.

Old April 22nd 05, 10:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CGA

"Mark" wrote in message

"Mavis Beacon" wrote in message
. net...

| Blueyonder Support wrote
|
| I'm looking at changing my current broadband connection from BT to
try
| save money.
| I've seen Supanet at 17.99 a month for a 2Mb connection and 3GB
bandwith.
| I'm not a massive downloader and don't game at all but will surf
for
about
| 2-3 hours a day, can any recommend an better offer of tell me and
pro's
or
| con's with this one?
|

| There's no advantage in paying for a 2Mb connection when you only
| plan to surf the net. A half Mb connection is just as quick to
| download webpages.
|
| (unless you can read at the speed of Dr Who)

Can't agree with this. I mainly surf and found a better experience
with each
upgrade from 0.5 to 1 to 2 Mb

I agree, got a 2 meg connection at work & a 512k connection at home and
the difference just for surfing & emailing is astounding.

Old April 22nd 05, 01:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gzl

"Yddap" wrote in message
. uk...

ois -h whois.geektools.com 193.38.82.41 ...

S t a f f .

Old April 26th 05, 09:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Donald McTrevor

"CGA" wrote in message

"Mark" wrote in message

"Mavis Beacon" wrote in message
. net...

| Blueyonder Support wrote
|
| I'm looking at changing my current broadband connection from BT to
try
| save money.
| I've seen Supanet at 17.99 a month for a 2Mb connection and 3GB
bandwith.
| I'm not a massive downloader and don't game at all but will surf
for
about
| 2-3 hours a day, can any recommend an better offer of tell me and
pro's
or
| con's with this one?
|

| There's no advantage in paying for a 2Mb connection when you only
| plan to surf the net. A half Mb connection is just as quick to
| download webpages.
|
| (unless you can read at the speed of Dr Who)

Can't agree with this. I mainly surf and found a better experience
with each
upgrade from 0.5 to 1 to 2 Mb

I agree, got a 2 meg connection at work & a 512k connection at home and
the difference just for surfing & emailing is astounding.

Would you say it was 4 times faster?