Voice Echo.. help

Old April 22nd 05, 09:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
- CyberMail -

Default Voice Echo.. help

I know this not exactly 'on topic' but as its happened ever since i joined
the [email protected] package i thought some of you may have experienced the same
and resolved it.

I am experiencing an echo of ones own voice when talking on the telephone.
Its a problem (myself and my brother who has also joined bulldog who lives a
few houses down the road) are intermittently experiencing. Its so damn
annoying. Its happening on both of my telephones.Spoken to bulldog countless
times and their engineers cant find a problem. They say the line is ok.

I was with BT and pipex before i came over to BD (two weeks ago) and never
had this problem, so its not my equipment... eg cabling, filters, phones etc
etc. Its only happened since I came over to BD

So why is this happening ? anyone experience the same ? any suggestion to
resolve this issue ?

thanks in advance.

Old April 22nd 05, 09:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MattB

Hi there,

A few people on this forum (see last 2 posts) had the same problem with
land line calls when they first connected to their new ISP. hey called
tech support or thier equivalent of BT and asked them to turn down the
volume of the line that the receiving party hears, which seemed to fix
the echoing problem.

http://www.vonage-forum.com/ftopic5057.html

Hope this helps!

Old April 22nd 05, 10:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
- CyberMail -

"MattB" wrote in message
Hi there,

A few people on this forum (see last 2 posts) had the same problem with
land line calls when they first connected to their new ISP. hey called
tech support or thier equivalent of BT and asked them to turn down the
volume of the line that the receiving party hears, which seemed to fix
the echoing problem.

http://www.vonage-forum.com/ftopic5057.html

Hope this helps!

thanks for that, I will phone up bulldog and suggest to them that.

So all I say to them is "please turn down the volume of the line that the
receiving party is hearing" ?

also could you possibly copy and paste the post you are referring to (those
people having the same problem).. as i cant find them.. or post the subject
header and I will search for them

thanks

Old April 22nd 05, 10:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yddap

In ,
- CyberMail - opined very noisily:
"MattB" wrote in message
Hi there,

A few people on this forum (see last 2 posts) had the same problem
with land line calls when they first connected to their new ISP.
hey called tech support or thier equivalent of BT and asked them to
turn down the volume of the line that the receiving party hears,
which seemed to fix the echoing problem.

http://www.vonage-forum.com/ftopic5057.html

Hope this helps!

thanks for that, I will phone up bulldog and suggest to them that.

So all I say to them is "please turn down the volume of the line that
the receiving party is hearing" ?

also could you possibly copy and paste the post you are referring to
(those people having the same problem).. as i cant find them.. or
post the subject header and I will search for them

thanks

It is in the link
http://www.vonage-forum.com/ftopic5057.html

--

Yddap
Remove guts to reply

Old April 22nd 05, 10:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
RolYat

In article , rde42
@spamcop.net ...

Are there any circling black helicopters? Clicks on the line?

Yee gads! That might be it ...... ;-)

Seriously though, I don't know how Bulldog work, but I do know that if
BT turn up and find fault with a filter, a phone, or something not
concerning them, they will charge you circa 70 quid for the pleasure of
your time.

What happened to "Dave" incidentally?

I'm not sure "7" is he (although I no longer see any posts from that
troll either thanks to Gravity's rules) but I miss the 'entertainment'
of seeing the former drop some historical Usenet clangers...
Old April 22nd 05, 10:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
- CyberMail -

for them

thanks

It is in the link
http://www.vonage-forum.com/ftopic5057.html

--

doh, thanks

the difference is that those comments is that the echo is heard by the other
party. In my case i hear my own echo. But I will try and ask bulldog anway
to lower the volume.. dont know if thats possible (as the site quoted
contains posts posted in america)

thanks

Old April 22nd 05, 10:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MattB

Okay.

The link to the forum is: http://www.vonage-forum.com/ftopic5057.html

The name of the forum topic on this page is:

'Other party hears their voice echo'

The first post by 'NHTracker' says: "Nearly every person that calls me;
or that I call, tell me that they can hear their voice echo a bit
especially in the beginning of the call. Is there anything that can be
done? "

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, in the last two posts from
the bottom, 'blueline' says:
"I had this exact problem when I first signed up for Vonage. I called
tech support. They turned down the volume of the line that the receiving
party hears. That fixed the echoing problem."

and 'airshark' says:
"I also had the same problem in the beginning. It seemed that with
Vonage, the incoming calls voice sounded MUCH louder than on my POTS line.

My solution? I turned the receiver volume down and I haven't had a
comment about it since."

So, your first option would be to phone Bulldog and inform them of your
echo problem and ask them to 'turn down the line volume that the
receiving party hears' (or just say the line volume and let them figure
it out), as this seemed to work in another person's case (or ask BT to
do this if Bulldog claim they can't).

Your second option would be to turn down the receiver volume on your
phone, which might be amplifying the higher line volume and increasing
the amount of echo you hear.

It is usually better to ask Bulldog/BT to turn down the receiving line
volume (as this kills the problem at the source), but if all else fails,
if you are able to adjust the volume on your phone to compensate for the
high line volume, this should help.