BT Yahoon Broadband + Wireless Router

Old April 22nd 05, 01:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
turbo

Default BT Yahoon Broadband + Wireless Router

I've just installed a D Link Wireless ADSL Router. I can get
connectivity to the internet but am unable to send or collect emails.
I've tried BT Support but they are unwilling to assist as I use
Outlook 2000 rather than Express.

As instructe by BT I've set up the Network Connection using the manual
option, followed by the permanently on option (ie you are not asked
for a user name or password. This gives me internet access via
Explorer - great!!

However what settings should I be using for the email accounts in
Outlook?
The User Information/Server info/Log on Info are the same as those I
used with my previous broadband modem. My outgoing server (SMTP)
requires authentication is checked. For Connection i've tried connect
using LAN and connect using Internet.

When I send a test I get messages saying - server found but no
response from server - verfiy port and SSL info is correct AND - Log
onto incoming mail server (POP3) - server found but no response.

Please would anyone provide assistance

many thanks
Old April 22nd 05, 01:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spin Dryer

On 22 Apr 2005 05:33:15 -0700, [turbo] said :-

[...]

Use mail.btinternet.com for both smtp/pop3 servers.

Why not ask in the btinternet/btopenworld newsgroups ? You need to
login to their news server, news.btinternet.com, and use a proper news
reader.