Utility Warehouse

Old April 22nd 05, 07:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Matt

Default Utility Warehouse

Any one got any feedback on Utility Warehouse. 20pm for 1mbit unmetered
with free modem and free activation sounds like a good deal.

Is it provisioned over IPstream or datastream?
How long does it take to activate ADSL on a new BT line?

Thanks

Old April 22nd 05, 09:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martyn Dewar

Matt wrote:
Any one got any feedback on Utility Warehouse. 20pm for 1mbit unmetered
with free modem and free activation sounds like a good deal.

Is it provisioned over IPstream or datastream?
How long does it take to activate ADSL on a new BT line?

Thanks

It's provisioned using Tiscali datastream. *AVOID*
Old April 22nd 05, 09:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Muxton

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 21:05:43 +0100, Martyn Dewar
wrote:

Matt wrote:
Any one got any feedback on Utility Warehouse. 20pm for 1mbit unmetered
with free modem and free activation sounds like a good deal.

Is it provisioned over IPstream or datastream?
How long does it take to activate ADSL on a new BT line?

Thanks

It's provisioned using Tiscali datastream. *AVOID*

Also pushed by pyramid selling schemes. I'll second that *AVOID*.

Jake

Old April 22nd 05, 11:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 22 Apr 2005 21:05, Martyn Dewar wrote:

It's provisioned using Tiscali datastream. *AVOID*

Service I'm using also uses Datastream with Tiscali as network provider
and while I know there have been complaints about Tiscali CS, it's fine
for my needs (been using this service for some 13+ months now).

My 1000 kbps serves me OK for streaming audio and video services like
the snooker... so why the negative comments ? Peter M.

--
Try a commercial news service - from 50 MB/day (once-only fee of $5 )
up to 1500 MB/day for 6 months $99.95, 600 GB over 6 months $149.75
Old April 23rd 05, 12:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Muxton

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 23:07:30 +0100, Peter M
wrote:

On 22 Apr 2005 21:05, Martyn Dewar wrote:

It's provisioned using Tiscali datastream. *AVOID*

Service I'm using also uses Datastream with Tiscali as network provider
and while I know there have been complaints about Tiscali CS, it's fine
for my needs (been using this service for some 13+ months now).

My 1000 kbps serves me OK for streaming audio and video services like
the snooker... so why the negative comments ? Peter M.

Datastream is perfectly okay. The way certain providers have used it
leaves something to be desired, by all accounts.

You've had no problems with it. That's nice. No further comments.

Jake

Old April 23rd 05, 01:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
LordF

MattI signed up recently via www.littlebills.com for the 1mbps service at
19.95. It took 10 working days to get me switched over from BT to UWDC.The
bit I like is the unlimited service, as I download mp3/movie