Newbie

Old April 23rd 05, 09:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ken Richardson

Default Newbie

We have recently changed our phone bills to OneTel but we still pay line
rental to B.T. The question is, can I still obtain broadband from other
companies such as Tiscali, Wannadoo, B.T. ,etc

Old April 23rd 05, 09:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lorian

"Ken Richardson" wrote in message
We have recently changed our phone bills to OneTel but we still pay line
rental to B.T. The question is, can I still obtain broadband from other
companies such as Tiscali, Wannadoo, B.T. ,etc

Yes, carrier pre-select for you calls should make no difference.

Old April 23rd 05, 02:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 09:53:56 +0100, Ken Richardson wrote:

We have recently changed our phone bills to OneTel but we still pay line
rental to B.T. The question is, can I still obtain broadband from other
companies such as Tiscali, Wannadoo, B.T. ,etc

Yes ,but I would check out those 3 you mentioned via google groups and
www.adslguide.org. They crop up frequently as ones to avoid for all sorts
of reasons.

Dave

again
in the future!!
Old April 23rd 05, 06:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ken Richardson

"Ken Richardson" wrote in message
We have recently changed our phone bills to OneTel but we still pay line
rental to B.T. The question is, can I still obtain broadband from other
companies such as Tiscali, Wannadoo, B.T. ,etc
Thanks for the info regarding the above. I have been on the net all
afternoon looking for a recommended broadband provider and after trawling
through countless forums all I can find are unfavourable comments about all
of them. Some of them are stories from hell and enough to put a silver
surfer like me off. Surely there are some good comments somewhere. Can
anyone please recommend an ISP. I am looking at no more than 20 a month
for 1mb

Old April 23rd 05, 06:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

Thanks for the info regarding the above. I have been on the net all
afternoon looking for a recommended broadband provider and after trawling
through countless forums all I can find are unfavourable comments about
all of them. Some of them are stories from hell and enough to put a
silver surfer like me off. Surely there are some good comments somewhere.
Can anyone please recommend an ISP. I am looking at no more than 20 a
month for 1mb

Plusnet, Zen, Andrews and Arnold, Metronet, depends on what you want. I
personally use Metronet, but I don't online game, chat or P2P. Have you
had a look at

www.adslguide.org

which I told you about

HTH