Who gives best service for broadband

Old April 23rd 05, 10:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Howell

Default Who gives best service for broadband

Unlimited downloads
no port blocking
reasonable cutomer service
am with tiscali at the moment and we all know what there like

Old April 23rd 05, 11:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Hutchings

In article ,
"Paul Howell" wrote:

Unlimited downloads
no port blocking
reasonable cutomer service
am with tiscali at the moment and we all know what there like

I would look at Zen, Freedom2Surf, Metronet, Pipex and Eclipse.

Not the cheapest but they are unmetered, AFAIK don't do port blocking
other than the typical "Microsoft Worm" ports. Customer service is hard
to judge as with a good ISP I think you should seldom need it but the
first three all seem to do pretty well.

cheers,
Paul
--
paul at spamcop dot net
Old April 23rd 05, 12:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 23 Apr 2005 11:38, Paul Hutchings wrote:

Customer service is hard to judge as with a good ISP I think you
should seldom need it but the first three all seem to do pretty well.

Agreed, but if you choose some ISPs then tech support may be nil over a
weekend, or even on weekday evenings in some cases... fact ! Peter M.

--
Try a commercial news service - from 50 MB/day (once-only fee of $5 )
up to 1500 MB/day for 6 months $99.95, 600 GB over 6 months $149.75