Noise, attenuation and CRC figures?

Old April 23rd 05, 11:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mogweed

Default Noise, attenuation and CRC figures?

"Nigel M" wrote in message
Finally got broadband yesterday, and I've been having a look at my
router's logs. Three things I noticed, as follows:

Operation Data Upstream Downstream
Noise Margin 31 dB 31 dB
Attenuation 28 dB 25 dB

Defect Indication
Indicator Name Near End Indicator Far End Indicator
Fast Path CRC Error 7 0

Router is 3Com 3CRWDR100A-72, ISP is Pipex.

Are the noise and attenuation figures about right?
What is the Fast Path CRC Error? Anything to worry about?
Can anyone suggest a resource about this sort of data?

--
Nigel M

"Time may be a great healer,
but he's a lousy beautician"

Hi Nigel,

I don't know about the CRC figures but the noise margin must be more than
about 10 or 12dB, in fact, the higher the better, so you're fine with those
figures. The attenuation has to be no more than about 60dB for the 1Mb
service and no more than 41dB for the 2Mb, so you'll be OK for the faster
services as they come along.

Mogweed.