Noise, attenuation and CRC figures?

Old April 24th 05, 11:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

Default Noise, attenuation and CRC figures?

"Nigel M" wrote in message
Finally got broadband yesterday, and I've been having a look at my
router's logs. Three things I noticed, as follows:

Operation Data Upstream Downstream
Noise Margin 31 dB 31 dB
Attenuation 28 dB 25 dB

Defect Indication
Indicator Name Near End Indicator Far End Indicator
Fast Path CRC Error 7 0

Router is 3Com 3CRWDR100A-72, ISP is Pipex.

Are the noise and attenuation figures about right?
What is the Fast Path CRC Error? Anything to worry about?
Can anyone suggest a resource about this sort of data?

--
Nigel M

"Time may be a great healer,
but he's a lousy beautician"

What speed is your downstream connection Nigel?
This would be quite relevant to the figures.

John