Speed touch modem drivers(XP)

Old April 24th 05, 02:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
chs

Default Speed touch modem drivers(XP)

anyone know where I can get these, on some sites it refers to having
exisitng/origianl installation cd, which I dont have. So upgrade wont work

Old April 24th 05, 02:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gzl

"chs" wrote in message
anyone know where I can get these, on some sites it refers to having
exisitng/origianl installation cd, which I dont have. So upgrade wont

work

Here's a good startin point.
http://www.speedtouch.com

Old April 24th 05, 02:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gzl

http://www.speedtouch.co.uk/330.asp

Old April 24th 05, 03:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pilbs

"chs" wrote in message
anyone know where I can get these, on some sites it refers to having
exisitng/origianl installation cd, which I dont have. So upgrade wont work

Which speedtouch modem?
Try http://www.speedtouch.co.uk

Old April 24th 05, 03:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Caretaker

chs wrote:
Thanks but this is the first site that I tried. it doesn't work

What doesn't work? Is there an error message, is there a particular
fault, which speedtouch modem is it for, what computer specs do you use?

--
The Caretaker .........
Old April 24th 05, 06:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike NG

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 at 13:25:48, chs (chs )
wrote:
anyone know where I can get these, on some sites it refers to having
exisitng/origianl installation cd, which I dont have. So upgrade wont work

Is it the infernal PCI modem?
--
Mike

Old April 25th 05, 08:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"chs" wrote in message
Thanks but this is the first site that I tried. it doesn't work

http://www.speedtouch.co.uk/330.asp

I downloaded from there last night so it defo works.

Old April 25th 05, 09:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike NG

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 at 06:46:54, chs (chs )
wrote:
Yes, do you have a solution?
wrote:
anyone know where I can get these, on some sites it refers to having
exisitng/origianl installation cd, which I dont have. So upgrade wont work

Is it the infernal PCI modem?
--
Mike

Sorry I didn't put this in earlier, but every time I see others saying
they have an Alcatel modem, they always have the USB model

I got mine from Scan. If you look on this page it will mention websites
where you can get your drivers from
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...roductID=96220

I'm running WinME and can't remember if the most up to date was at the
candw or the itexinc site. One of the pages somewhere gives
instructions on how to set your modem up, and these are based on the
older driver. It's easy enough working out how to adapt these if using
the newer driver

I did have one problem with my DUN icon though and I thought it was
driver problem. I would get the modem status light OK in the system
tray, but when starting the DUN for the modem the PC would crash. I did
a google search and found it to be a conflict between the modem and
sygate personal firewall, so converted to Zone Alarm instead.

Very solid modem I find and great value too!
--
Mike