ADSL Provisioning

Old April 24th 05, 04:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Matt

Default ADSL Provisioning

I called BT to arrange an install of a new line at a new block of flats I'm
moving into on the 7th may. The flat already has BT sockets wired up but
still I had to pay the 74.99. Anyways moving on.. I ordered the line and
got given an install of the 9th may, and also given my new number.

I was wondering if there was anyway to order ADSL a few days before the line
install so that it is provisioned on the 10th or 11th, rather than waiting
the extra week? 2 weeks?. The new number is ringing which is rather weird if
that's any help. At the moment any checker says not enough information
available or new line.

If not, if I have the line installed on the Monday 9th, and call Pipex up
the same day and order ADSL, how long will I have to wait for the line to be
activated? I already have order an adsl router from ebuyer and a
microfilter.

Old April 24th 05, 05:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Matt" wrote in message
I was wondering if there was anyway to order ADSL a few days before the
line install so that it is provisioned on the 10th or 11th, rather than
waiting the extra week? 2 weeks?. The new number is ringing which is
rather weird if that's any help. At the moment any checker says not enough
information available or new line.

Probably not - unless an ISP was willing to try a "manual order" and even
then it may be rejected by BT as the live won't be shown as live on their
systems.

If not, if I have the line installed on the Monday 9th, and call Pipex up
the same day and order ADSL, how long will I have to wait for the line to
be activated?

Probably 4-5 days - thats if Pipex are willing to accept the order
immediately, once the line has been installed

However, you may have to wait for 24/48 hours after the line has been
installed for your lines details to "correctly" show on BT's ADSL order
systems.

Your other alternative - if you want ADSL installed as soon as possible - is
to cancel your existing order for a new BT line and then reorder it.

However, instead of ordering it via BT, order your new BT line via your
chosen ADSL ISP - they all have the ability to do "combined new line + ADSL"
orders.

In these situations, BT will install your new line and activate the ADSL
line on the same day and the cost will be the same as you would pay as doing
it as two separate transactions.

Regards
Sunil