Router drops connection on evenings and weekends.

Old April 25th 05, 10:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

Default Router drops connection on evenings and weekends.

My router (3Com something-100A) drops it's connection every now and again.
Roughly half a dozen times a day over the weekend. Thing is though it
doesn't drop connection between about midnight and 9am at the weekend, and
midnight to 6pm during the week.

Am I right in thinking this is a line problem and the connection is dropping
due to interference from lots of other ADSL lines starting up in the
non-work time hours? Is it worth reporting to Pipex? Stats are 63dB att,
11dB SNR margin. Connected and syncing at 0.5Mbps.

Would a different router help? I've read a few posts about a Zyxel 660HW
over the past few days - is this the holy grail of routers for long lines?

Ta for any advice.

Dave.

Old April 27th 05, 11:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SteveB

When your signal is low like yours then anything can cause problems. TVs,
fridges, fluorescent lights etc generate lots of rubbish within the adsl
bandwidth that gets up the mains supply, so even a filter on your router
mains lead might help, as might a different router. Crosstalk from other
adsl phone lines as you say could be an issue.