Data Stream to IP Stream

Old April 26th 05, 02:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Edgar

Default Data Stream to IP Stream

My BB ISP, Central Point, tell me that I am being switched from Data
Stream to IP Stream, and that BT are to do some work at my exchange
soon in order to do this. Why would this be happening and at whose
behest: BT's, Telefonica's, or Central Point's?

Does anyone know anything about this?

TIA
John.

Old April 26th 05, 06:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 26 Apr 2005, "John Edgar" wrote:

My BB ISP, Central Point, tell me that I am being switched from Data
Stream to IP Stream, and that BT are to do some work at my exchange
soon in order to do this. Why would this be happening and at whose
behest: BT's, Telefonica's, or Central Point's?

I guess only Central Point can tell you. They might either have felt
there were issues with the Datastream service from Telefonica, and to
be sure customers had good service they were switching to use BT, or
Telefonica might have revised contract/cost terms and CP don't want
to be locked in/spend that much, or BT's different charging schemes
for ADSL might seem attractive (and they may be able to get switching
over and speed increase at one fee from BT - Metronet was offering to
let migrations come in from DataStream users and switch the speed up
to 2000 kbps for only 9.99 (probably +VAT). Let us know when you do
find out please ... interesting to see the reasons they disclose!

--
Try a commercial news service - from 50 MB/day (once-only fee of $5 )
up to 1500 MB/day for 6 months $99.95, 600 GB over 6 months $149.75
Old April 30th 05, 10:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Edgar

Apparently Telefonica have decided to put me on IP Stream, but I have
no idea why. It doesn't seem to make a great deal of difference, so as
long as they don't put up the price or start capping, and they say they
have no intention of doing this, then I am quite happy.
John