Just Dial VOIP and ATA 486

Old April 26th 05, 10:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
mark kelly

Default Just Dial VOIP and ATA 486

OK I been out of the loop for the last two months so it might already
been mention. but I just sign up for it and today I saw someone post a
message about sipgate price drop of ATA 486. So in case it has not
been posted already

Just dial has now got into the VOIP game. the URL for it is
http://www.justdialvoip.com/

Where you can get the device for £39.99

I just got it and got it setup on my router. But got a problem. I can
make outgoing calls. but if you try and call me back you get a message
saying "there is a fault from BT landline." Whilst if call from say
Skyne it says service unavailable.

Can anyone think what the problem could be (I just thought maybe their
number range has not been activated "outside") yet just tried to call
my father just dial direct but it seem he is on the phone at the moment
:-(

Old April 27th 05, 06:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
mark kelly

update, it now works for incoming calls as well so I am a real happy
bunny.

Old April 27th 05, 07:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Paul G

"mark kelly" wrote in message
ups.com...
update, it now works for incoming calls as well so I am a real happy
bunny.

What type of number do you get for incoming? Geographic, 0870 or 0845??

Paul

Old April 27th 05, 10:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
wooosh

What type of number do you get for incoming? Geographic, 0870 or 0845??

Paul

Do I have to live in one of the areas covered by the Just Dial VoIP phone
numbers to become a customer?

No, that is one of the great things about Just Dial VoIP, you can choose any
area code, or even a private 0870 non geographic code.

Old April 27th 05, 11:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Chris H.

Plus line rental @ £2.99 a month...

Old April 28th 05, 12:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
alex

"Chris H." wrote in message
mark kelly wrote:
OK I been out of the loop for the last two months so it might already
been mention. but I just sign up for it and today I saw someone post
a message about sipgate price drop of ATA 486. So in case it has not
been posted already

Just dial has now got into the VOIP game. the URL for it is
http://www.justdialvoip.com/

Where you can get the device for £39.99

Plus line rental @ £2.99 a month...

Is it the 486? As the 486 has a router inside it so you can connect an
existing router after it or plug in your computer into it without needed a
router, yet the ATA on the just dial website says you must have a router to
use the device and your computer at the same time, suggesting it does not
have the lan socket on the back that the 486 does, meaning you have to put
your router before the ATA to split the broadband connection; sounds like
the 286?

Alex

Old April 28th 05, 08:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
mark kelly

Hi you all. Since I posted it and using it I will reply to answer the
questions

No you do not have to be in the area code to choose the number. Which
is what I have done (chose a number ooutside my code, ie one near my
friends / family.) It is a Grandstream ATA 486 and have a LAN which
you use to customise setting if need be. I think they say that to make
it as simple as possible. Since the box is even suppose to be all
setup but my father and I came complete unset. Give them their due
they told me the settings on the phone but offer to pay for postage
back to them and than will courier it back to us the next day. Anyway
it now all working all crystal clear so I am a happy person. Now the
question is will my wife be able to plug it into her mum internet
connection when she goes to Italy. (not cause of say Just Dial
restriction but my wife own techical restriction) :-)

Old April 28th 05, 10:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom

And the good news from
http://www.justdialvoip.com/pages/jdvoiptsandcs.asp is...

5.6 Where you agreed to purchase Equipment or use
Software as set out in your Application Form, you may
cancel this Agreement for the Services by giving us 10
calendar days' prior notice at any time.

So I guess that would be £40.99, pro-rata, if you cancel
immediately..? Very good price!

Old April 29th 05, 01:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Martin²

mark kelly:
Now the question is will my wife be able to plug it into her mum internet
connection when she goes to Italy.

She should be able to use a softphone like Xlite, easy to set up once you
know what goes where. Is it a BB connection, it probably won't work on dial
up.
Regards,
Martin

Old April 30th 05, 09:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
mark kelly

For the person who said line rental of £2.99 a month, as someone else
pointed out, you can cancel it as soon as you get it if you really
want. I myself are staying on it. Cause now during the day (my main
daytime caller on personal side of things) is free. Since my father
got one. I get a number in Cardiff where my bulk of family live, and
during weekend / evening can call for free the other friends and
family. (the time when I have time to make the calls anyway.) About
her using sofphone, that will be too much hassle. in installing on the
old computer, getting the mic/headphone and putting the settings in. I
am hoping that she can just take the ATA 486 device to Italy and than
plug it into the router, put a spare handset in, and away she goes.
But at the moment she is refusing to take it :-(.