NTL upgrade to business account advise

Old April 26th 05, 11:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AMO

Default NTL upgrade to business account advise

A friend of mine is using his NTL home broadband for sending out mass emails
to his business customers. NTL started to clamp down on this. Everytime he
sent out more than X emails over a period of Y, his email would be rejected.
To overcome this, my friend started to use PocoMail which allows you to
split a single email down into multiple smaller emails.

There are issues with doing this. In the end my friend talked to NTL who
suggested that he upgrade to their business account which would lift the
restriction from his email account allowing him to email en masse.

However, from what I can understand, to do this, NTL have to come round at
the cost of 50 to install an additional box. Also, what I don't understand
is that my friend's broadband cost will not increase, i.e. it will be a one
off installation cost.

I would have thought that no installation would be required but an increase
in monthly charges would be incurred once you transfer over to business
tariffs.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanx.

AMO

Old April 27th 05, 08:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Monkeyonasurfboard

Sorry for an obtse reply but surely NTL will be the best answer for this -
it's there service after all - ask your m8 to cantact NTL customer services
and have then confirm your understanding
--

Regards,

Old April 27th 05, 02:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob S

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:44:41 +0100, "AMO" [email protected] wrote:

-However, from what I can understand, to do this, NTL have to come round at
-the cost of 50 to install an additional box. Also, what I don't understand
-is that my friend's broadband cost will not increase, i.e. it will be a one
-off installation cost.

That does sound odd. It also sounds incredibly cheap, especially if NTL are
guaranteeing lower 20-1 contention with that. Most business contracts are
60-100 per month, so your friend will get his money back in the first couple of
months.....
-Rob
robatwork at mail dot com
Old April 27th 05, 08:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AMO

"Monkeyonasurfboard" wrote in message

Sorry for an obtse reply but surely NTL will be the best answer for
his -
it's there service after all - ask your m8 to cantact NTL customer
services
and have then confirm your understanding

Regards,

No, that's fine. I did email NTL prior to sending out this post. Its just
that NTL aren't the best when expecting a response. ;0)

AMO

Old April 27th 05, 08:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AMO

"Rob S" wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:44:41 +0100, "AMO" [email protected] wrote:

-However, from what I can understand, to do this, NTL have to come round
at
-the cost of 50 to install an additional box. Also, what I don't
understand
-is that my friend's broadband cost will not increase, i.e. it will be a
one
-off installation cost.

That does sound odd. It also sounds incredibly cheap, especially if NTL
are
guaranteeing lower 20-1 contention with that. Most business contracts are
60-100 per month, so your friend will get his money back in the first
couple of
months.....
-Rob
robatwork at mail dot com

Thanx for that Rob. ;0) I did get a call from NTL this morning. Apparantly
from someone who seemed to know what they were on about. She told me that
upgrading to their business account wouldn't change the email problem which
will exist whilst my friend makes use of their email server. She also
informed me that whilst the costs remain the same it is because of a
reduction in broadband connection speed, both packages @ 24.99 and that the
installation was not necessary for existing customers of NTL. God knows why
my friend was told otherwise.

AMO

Old April 28th 05, 12:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Matt

"AMO" [email protected] wrote in message
[...]

Simple solution:

Find a web hosting provider that provides an SMTP server, should cost more
than a few dollars/pounds a month. Worst case scenario contact me, but I'm
sure you know of Google.