Distance from exchange?

Old April 27th 05, 01:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yddap

Default Distance from exchange?

In news:,
Yddap opined very noisily:
In ,
Dave opined very noisily:
"Neil Bush" wrote in message

"Rod Bean" wrote in message
Hi Guys

How can I find out the distance from my local exchange? I seem to
remember that there is a number that engineers can dial that will
provide an automated calculation.

Thanks in anticipation!

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php then click the
'locality' button.

This gives you straight-line distance.

Gah! That takes the p1ss. I'm 2.15km from the exchange as the crow
flows but my line is 7.1km. What on earth did BT decide to wrap it
round????

Neil

Not very accurate :-(
Telewest operates in your area, but unfortunately your area has
not yet been upgraded for Blueyonder broadband.
ntl:home is not available in your area.

I am on Blueyonder 1 M
connection