anyone have a Dlink dsl 904?

Old April 27th 05, 10:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Default anyone have a Dlink dsl 904?

I bought a Dlink 904 wireless kit today and I have a very strange problem
with it, I am hoping someone can help.

I have setup the connection to 1 PC, 1 laptop and an xbox and the network
works fine (apart from file sharing which does not work). But as soon as I
enable wep security, the connection fails.

I go into the router admin and select WEP security and enter a hex code key
password. It accepts the changes. So I go into laptop or pc settings on
the wireless device and as soon as I enter the password the connection
fails. The strange thing is that if I do not enter the password on the
computers they still connect fine even though the password is set on the
router.

So my questions are...

Why are the passwords not accepted on the devices? (passwords do match and
are case senstive)

If the password on the router is supposed to be secure how comes and can
connect as I am now without using a password?

PC uses win98
Laptop uses XP
Connecting to BTopenworld.

--
Beck
My new Blog... very unfinished and barely started.