NDO back to Pipex - my experience

Old April 28th 05, 12:16 AM posted to pipex.chat,pipex.xtreme.discussion,uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Ough

Default NDO back to Pipex - my experience

After 18 months at NDO, I decided I could wait no longer for their plans to
introduce 2MBit. Even at this moment in time, their 1MBit package is
outdated at 29.99/month with a 30GB/month FUP.

I applied to Pipex (Who I'd been with before) tio migrate my service to
Solo2000, with the offer of 2 months free. Bargain! Pipex still state NO
FUP, cap or limits!!! Great!

Placed order on the 17th. Got email a day or so later stating my order
number and that I can check my order status online etc etc etc. Suffice to
say that didn't work to start with. I emailed Pipex 5 days ago asking about
this.

I get an email last night at about 23:00 saying that my ADSL was due to
migrate on the 27th (today). However, about 2 mins later on, my ADSL drops,
and I re-synch only to find that I get a 691 error. I had migrated to Pipex,
but I have still to get a username and password!!!!!

Had to wait for nearly 40 mins today to get my details and plug them in when
I got home.

All is now OK, and am getting 100kbit more than NDO (985 VS. 850 via NDO) so
no complaints there.

Newsgroups are a bit stuttery though, but I am sure all will be OK.

I just hope they manage to update me on the upgrade to 2MBit next week

Old July 6th 09, 06:49 AM posted to pipex.chat,pipex.xtreme.discussion,uk.telecom.broadband
J Gibbons

"Simon Ough" wrote in message
[...]

You could have gotten 3 months free, I did when I upgraded to the 8mbps and
took the phone package 19.99 (no line rental anytime free local and
national calls) working out as a very good deal so far.