Update: Netgear WG511, DG384G and WPA security

Old April 28th 05, 09:53 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
Paul D.Smith

Default Update: Netgear WG511, DG384G and WPA security

All,

Just to let you know that with the latest versions of software from the
Netgear site, I got WPA-PSK to work between these two adapters using:

- No transmit SSID
- WPA-PSK (both only support TKIP)
- 32 character passphrase.

If I went over 32 characters, connections went from stable to patchy to
never as the passphrase lengthened.

Finally, note that I have a WG511 _not_ a WG511v2. It is possible that the
latter is better.

Thanks to all who read my earler posting and offered suggestions.
Paul DS.
--
Please remove the "x-" if replying to sender.