Plusnet 21.99 for 2MB - who compares?

Old April 28th 05, 09:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
RolYat

Default Plusnet 21.99 for 2MB - who compares?

Now that Plusnet offer a 2mb package for 21.99, who is there that can
compare?

I've looked at Zen and NDO, but they seem to be a lot nearer (or over)
40.00 a month for anything approaching 2Mb.

I had a bad experience when I almost migrated from Plusnet to Pipex, so
i'm not overly keen on them [Pipex] at present.

I've just become a bit disillusioned with Plusnet of late, and so,
keeping my options open, i'm looking for alternatives.

I'd prefer 2Mb, am happy with a capped package (anything up to 15GB but
nearer 30GB would feel more 'comfortable) but will consider 1Mb speed as
thus far 2Mb hasn't actually made a great difference to my usage.

TIA

Old April 28th 05, 01:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Matt

"RolYat" wrote in message

Now that Plusnet offer a 2mb package for 21.99, who is there that can
compare?

I've looked at Zen and NDO, but they seem to be a lot nearer (or over)
40.00 a month for anything approaching 2Mb.

I had a bad experience when I almost migrated from Plusnet to Pipex, so
i'm not overly keen on them [Pipex] at present.

I've just become a bit disillusioned with Plusnet of late, and so,
keeping my options open, i'm looking for alternatives.

I'd prefer 2Mb, am happy with a capped package (anything up to 15GB but
nearer 30GB would feel more 'comfortable) but will consider 1Mb speed as
thus far 2Mb hasn't actually made a great difference to my usage.

TIA

I'm trying to find out if this 21.99 service has a 30gb data transfer limit
(as it used to??), under the Data Transfer tab nothing is listed with
regards to quota, so if there does exist then it most definitely hidden well
away.

Anyone know?

Old April 28th 05, 01:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Matt

"Matt" wrote in message

"RolYat" wrote in message

[...]

On 28/04/2005 @ 12:03 Mr Matthew Freeman wrote:

Is there a data transfer limit (aka fair usage quota) with the new

Broadband Premier 2mb service. Under the data transfer tab it does not

say, so I presume it is unmetered?, unless you have some dodgy small

print I should know about? Thank

======== PlusNet Reply Below ========

Dear Mr Matthew Freeman,

The fair usage policy has been removed and there are no plans for the
re-introduction of the fair usage policy. Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Andrew Moxon

PlusNet Customer Support

--

http://portal.plus.net

The Smarter Way to Internet

If you need any further information, please reply to this email or to

Please ensure that the subject line contains the subject line above

Old April 28th 05, 03:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dee

Matt wrote:
"Matt" wrote in message

"RolYat" wrote in message
. ..

Now that Plusnet offer a 2mb package for 21.99, who is there that can
compare?

So what's the real deal with their 14.99 per month package?

Is that capped?

The do mention speed capping - but what is the download speed limited to
during peak hours?
Old April 28th 05, 03:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harvo

There is NO Fair Usage Policy, it was not implemented, if your line can
take 2mb at the exchange, great Plusnet will upgrade you for Free
when your exchange updates or pay 14.99 to get it immediately.
I am on the 21.99 a month on 1 mb failed the 2mb speed change ((
would of been extremely happier if 2mb was on the cards....
so for that price you cant complain, for 2 mb speed.....

Old April 28th 05, 04:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 14:19, Dee wrote:

So what's the real deal with their 14.99 per month package?
Is that capped?

They've stated (over the past few months, when asked in plusnet.service.
customer-feedback) that the Broadband Plus accounts are not capped, but
that they do not recommend them for 'heavy downloaders'

The do mention speed capping - but what is the download speed limited
to during peak hours?

It doesn't have a fixed upper or lower limit - it is given lower priority
and as such anyone else who is using mail or browsing will have traffic
at a higher priority than USENET or peer-to-peer traffic, so much will
depend on what other people are doing. If all were using USENET then
none would be getting a higher priority... However they are aiming it
at people wanting to browse and use e-mail so that's what will be going
well, and downloaders wanting to such binaries are going to be left out.

On the Premier account, if you expect to use it heavily (like a 5:1 level
of contention, or getting higher quantities of data) during 'peak hours'
then traffic shaping may be applied (to again lower the priority of your
traffic, compared to other customers). 'peak hours' are 08:00 - 01:00.

--
Plus.Net http://tinyurl.com/5jpa4
I recommend them and save some cash.

Old April 28th 05, 04:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 28 Apr 2005 14:21, "Harvo" wrote:

"RolYat" wrote
a 2mb package for 21.99, who is there that can compare?

There is NO Fair Usage Policy, it was not implemented, ...

I'd put money on the original poster knowing all about this but if you
re-read what was being asked, Plus.Net is definitely NOT the answer!!

30 day free trial... http://web.vfm-deals.com/runbox/
Old April 28th 05, 06:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harvo

There is NO peak hours for premier .............
as you Are Not a plusnet customer You will not know this....
p2p is not under any bandwidth limitations at present
there are different packages for all kinds of users, OP doesnt
state the kind of useage he is going to be doing....
if he justs wants email and surf get the 14.99 for 1mb
with limitations.... if more and unrestricted Premier
and if his line can take it for 2mb all the better...he will find
it hard to get better unless his exchange is LUU by other service
providers with varying speeds up to 8mb but their is a price and
limit for everything...

s.net...

Old April 28th 05, 06:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harvo

Never had a data transfer limit !!!!! it was FUP but it never was
implemented, but dropped....
read the posts, or go
http://www.plus.net/residential/broa...bb_premierlink
or even http://www.adslguide.org/ articles on the News page on this..
or try the forums of the provider
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist...&Board=plusnet
I know it can be very confusing.. hope this helps you

"RolYat" wrote in message
In article ,

I'm trying to find out if this 21.99 service has a 30gb data transfer
limit
(as it used to??), under the Data Transfer tab nothing is listed with
regards to quota, so if there does exist then it most definitely hidden
well
away.

Anyone know?

Yep, thanks for hijacking the thread .......

*sigh*