PlusNet Reverse DNS?

Old April 28th 05, 01:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Matt

Default PlusNet Reverse DNS?

Does Plusnet still offer reverse dns with residental ADSL packages that have
a static IP, such as Broadband premier.

In addition can it be configure to whatever I want, I run my own .com domain
with another web hosting company and have access to modify the zone record
to add records to point to external IPs.

I want to be able to configure a record like:

office.mydomain.com -- my static IP (forward resolve)

and then login to Plusnet who have delegated authority over rdns for the IP

and add:

my static IP -- office.mydomain.com (reverse dns)

Possible?

Old April 29th 05, 07:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

"Matt" wrote in message

Does Plusnet still offer reverse dns with residental ADSL packages that
have a static IP, such as Broadband premier.

In addition can it be configure to whatever I want, I run my own .com
domain with another web hosting company and have access to modify the zone
record to add records to point to external IPs.

I want to be able to configure a record like:

office.mydomain.com -- my static IP (forward resolve)

and then login to Plusnet who have delegated authority over rdns for the
IP

and add:

my static IP -- office.mydomain.com (reverse dns)

Possible?

Hi,

Yes, you can do this on all our broadband products except Broadband Plus as
that has a dynamic IP. If we don't host the domain then you will need to
create the A record pointing at your static IP before making the request to
update the rDNS. You can request the change via Contact Us on our web
portal.

With Regards,

Dave,