Virgin.net speeds

Old April 28th 05, 02:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yozzi

Default Virgin.net speeds

"Monkeyballs" wrote in message
news
Hi
Anyone know when/if Virgin.net will be offering packages faster than
512k? They seem to be getting left behind these days.

They're owned by NTL, so it's their responsibility, maybe they're waiting to
simply change people to their packages with their name?

Old April 28th 05, 10:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cheeky

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 12:46:56 GMT, "Yozzi"
wrote:

"Monkeyballs" wrote in message
news
Hi
Anyone know when/if Virgin.net will be offering packages faster than
512k? They seem to be getting left behind these days.

They're owned by NTL, so it's their responsibility, maybe they're waiting to
simply change people to their packages with their name?

Hmmm. Hope not. I "moved" from ntl as my new street is not cabled and
their direct offering was pretty rubbish as it was bundled with a
phone service I didn't want!
Old April 28th 05, 10:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 28 Apr 2005 21:03, Cheeky wrote:

On 28 Apr 2005 12:46 GMT, "Yozzi" wrote:

They're owned by NTL, so it's their responsibility, maybe they're waiting to
simply change people to their packages with their name?

Hmmm. Hope not. I "moved" from ntl as my new street is not cabled and
their direct offering was pretty rubbish as it was bundled with a
phone service I didn't want!

I suspect Yozzi means an ADSL service, not cable. But I wasn't 100% sure if
he was meaning some NTL packages are likely to replace the Virgin.Net ones,
or if there's rumour of Virgin.net closing down/selling out (or does NTL own
it in its entirety and there's some 'branding' deal with Branson to keep it
in 'Virgin' colours and part of the same 'family' for now ? Peter M.

--
Try a commercial news service - from 50 MB/day (once-only fee of $5 )
up to 1500 MB/day for 6 months $99.95, 600 GB over 6 months $149.75
Old April 28th 05, 11:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:39:05 +0100, Peter M
wrote:

(or does NTL own
it in its entirety and there's some 'branding' deal with Branson to keep it
in 'Virgin' colours and part of the same 'family' for now ?

I think that's it

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/11/08/ntl_virgin/

Phil