Transfer from Aol to another isp

Old April 28th 05, 03:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kip

Default Transfer from Aol to another isp

Is it possible to transfer to another adsl ISP under the 12 month contract,
if so I just request th emac key from aol ?

I'm thinking about moving to plus.net

Old April 28th 05, 10:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 28 Apr 2005 14:55, "Kip" wrote:

Is it possible to transfer to another adsl ISP under the 12 month contract,
if so I just request th emac key from aol ?

I'm thinking about moving to plus.net

Presumably there may be some penalty clause, forcing you to refund AOL for
any equipment, and/or the cost of setup, if not to pay the remaining months
(gulp) as well. Good luck. Out of interest, why the plan to switch (given
there have been a number of people keen to comment on no quotas, good speed,
etc, on AOL) ? I'm interested as one neighbour says they have good content
(I think he follows football through AOL) and would not want to lose contact
with people (though I am sure he could set up AOL IM from any ISP to keep in
touch on IM). Thanks. Peter M.

--
Plus.Net http://tinyurl.com/5jpa4
I recommend them and save some cash.

Old May 1st 05, 01:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

"Peter M" wrote in message
s.net...
On 28 Apr 2005 14:55, "Kip" wrote:

[...]

An aol account i was wiring up the other day would not allow PPOA access in
any way, wouldnt allow it through the bt voyager modem (downloaded ppoa
drivers), wouldnt allow it through a 3com router (which does work with aol
ppoa, on another aol account), wouldnt work with a linksys or draytek
router.

All the usual checked:
no unusual characters in username
no long passwords
mtu 1400
no parental control on user name.

Aol where not in the slightest bit interested.

It just would not work on ppoa. A real pain in the arse.

The only way it would work was to set the router to ppoe, with llc,
unfortunately it only allows one computer at a time to access the net, with
the aol browser required.

Gaz