Any UKOnline Broadband customers here?

Old April 28th 05, 08:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk
Harry

Default Any UKOnline Broadband customers here?

Hi all,

Going to sign up to the ukonline broadband package.

Wondered if anyone here wanted a month free as they are running a referral
scheme where both the referred and referee benefit.

details - www.ukonline.net/recommend/

Let me know, want to singn up ASAP

Thanks

Harry

Old April 28th 05, 11:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk
Peter

On 28 Apr 2005 18:30, "Harry" wrote:

Wondered if anyone here wanted a month free as they are running a referral
scheme where both the referred and referee benefit.

I guess you didn't see the post in a.i.p.u then:

Subject: subscriber to ukonline tenner a month
From: "macky"
Date: 27 Apr 2005 02:39:03 -0700

(hint: 'macky' is a new UK Online customer)

Also worth noting, there's now uk.net.providers
which is a suitable alternative to a.i.p.u Peter

--
Plus.Net http://tinyurl.com/5jpa4
I recommend them and save some cash.

Old April 29th 05, 12:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk
Harry

thanks for the info Peter,

I've got a few people contacting me so should be good to go.

Harry

s.net...

Old April 29th 05, 01:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk
Truth Seeker

"Harry" wrote in message
Hi all,

Going to sign up to the ukonline broadband package.

Will you do us a favour? Report back in about a week or so and let us know,
good, bad, whatever? Ta.

Old April 29th 05, 12:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk
Mark Carver

Truth Seeker wrote:
"Harry" wrote in message

Hi all,

Going to sign up to the ukonline broadband package.

Will you do us a favour? Report back in about a week or so and let us know,
good, bad, whatever? Ta.

Yes, can I second that request ?

My exchange has just been LLU'd by them, so I'm considering ditching
Pipex 512k at 23:44/m and jumping to UKO at 9:99/m. Someone I know has
just migrated from 512k Demon to 8Meg UKO, the migration didn't go too
smoothly, but he's happy to date with the service. Lots of unhappy
people (mainly due to screwed up migrations) in the ADSL guide
Easynet/UKO forum however.

--
Mark
Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply
Old May 1st 05, 10:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk
Harry

Sure, I'll report back when I get connected, will have to find an
alternative route to the newsgroup since they don't provide a news server

Hopefully the migration goes ok, well see, fingers crossed!

Old May 2nd 05, 12:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk
Peter

On 1 May 2005 20:42 UTC, "Harry" wrote:

will have to find an alternative route to the newsgroup since they
don't provide a news server

People mention various news services (primarily for binaries,) with generous
download quota at low cost, and in a post on Plus.Net someone wrote "I've had
a 25GB account at Astraweb for well over a year now that cost all of $10 and
I still have several gigabytes left". I've used Teranews.com for a while
(they have a one-off registration fee which allows 50 MB/day, or various
payment plans, both one-off for a quota, or monthly, depending on what you
are likely to need. Also there are mail + news accounts from Claranet (9.99
a year, 10 GB download/month) or Plus.Net (free for first 3 months, then 1.99
a month, with a bit of webspace, fax to e-mail facility and possibly more).

Old May 2nd 05, 01:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk
Mark Carver

Peter wrote:
On 1 May 2005 20:42 UTC, "Harry" wrote:

will have to find an alternative route to the newsgroup since they
don't provide a news server

People mention various news services (primarily for binaries,) with generous
download quota at low cost, and in a post on Plus.Net someone wrote "I've had
a 25GB account at Astraweb for well over a year now that cost all of $10 and
I still have several gigabytes left". I've used Teranews.com for a while
(they have a one-off registration fee which allows 50 MB/day, or various
payment plans, both one-off for a quota, or monthly, depending on what you
are likely to need. Also there are mail + news accounts from Claranet (9.99
a year, 10 GB download/month) or Plus.Net (free for first 3 months, then 1.99
a month, with a bit of webspace, fax to e-mail facility and possibly more).

If you're not worried about Binaries, Individual.net at 10 euros (7:10
UKPish) a year is excellent.

www.individual.net

--
Mark
Old May 4th 05, 04:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk
Harry

Thanks for the info guys,

Individual.net looks promising

Update : I've been told that UK Online will activate my broadband on the
12/05/05 - fingers crossed!

Old May 4th 05, 06:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk
Terry

Good luck :-)
Keep us informed.

Regards