Old May 9th 06, 09:54 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.voip
Chris Davies

Default PlusTalk (SIP VoIP) registration error

Chris Davies wrote:
I'm getting the following error message from my SIP-based VoIP softphone
479 We dont accept private IP contacts

In uk.telecom.voip Paul Cupis wrote:
That first line is the sort of error I'd expect to see if your SIP
traffic is using RFC1918 space.

Ah, that's an interesting one. If I run the software on my laptop at
work (using 10.0.0.0/9 address space with NAT/PAT to the big wide world)
it works fine and registers. When I run the software with the same
dynamic configuration at home (using 192.168.128.0/21 address space with
NAT/PAT to the big wide world) it fails with this error.

I wonder whether the work firewall (a CISCO PIX) is doing in-packet
processing for SIP; I know I've had to disable the SIP alg on my home
router/firewall.

Thanks for the thoughts.
Chris