BT Broadband/Phone problem

Old April 29th 05, 12:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cmm

Default BT Broadband/Phone problem

Hi,

Not sure whether this is the right topic, but earlier today, the BT
broadband connection was dropped and I had to restart the computer to
get it back on again. Some time after, I noticed there is no dial tone
on either of the landline phones, so I'm unable to phone out. However,
the modem still connects.
Could this be a problem with the ADSL filter? I'm assuming that if it
was the phone line, the modem wouldn't connect - also if I phone the
landline, I can still connect to the answer phone though I can't hear
the phones ringing.

Thanks

Old April 29th 05, 05:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spack

"cmm" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

Not sure whether this is the right topic, but earlier today, the BT
broadband connection was dropped and I had to restart the computer to
get it back on again. Some time after, I noticed there is no dial tone
on either of the landline phones, so I'm unable to phone out. However,
the modem still connects.
Could this be a problem with the ADSL filter? I'm assuming that if it
was the phone line, the modem wouldn't connect - also if I phone the
landline, I can still connect to the answer phone though I can't hear
the phones ringing.

I got this occassionally a couple of months back - if I unplugged the power
to the base station on my cordless and reconnected it the phones came back
to life and had dial tones again, although ADSL was fine all the time. I had
the same thing with incoming calls too - no ringing at the phones, although
the caller would hear the normal ringing tones and then get kicked to the BT
answering service after a few rings.

Dan