PlusNet Upgrade

Old May 1st 05, 10:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AMO

Default PlusNet Upgrade

Hi all,

I currently pay 21.99 / month for PlusNet Broadband Unlimited 512K. I
think that this is the Premier package.

At the moment, the website states that you can now get 2Mb Unlimited for the
same price. I have checked my exchange and it is capable of 2Mb.

As far as I can tell, I need to pay PlusNet 15 to upgrade. Are PlusNet
going to upgrade everyone automatically at some point? What are my other
options? Switch to another ISP for a year with a free upgrade and then
switch back?

Thanx

AMO

Old May 1st 05, 10:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

AMO [email protected] wrote:

Hi all,

I currently pay 21.99 / month for PlusNet Broadband Unlimited 512K.
I think that this is the Premier package.

At the moment, the website states that you can now get 2Mb Unlimited
for the same price. I have checked my exchange and it is capable of
2Mb.

As far as I can tell, I need to pay PlusNet 15 to upgrade. Are
PlusNet going to upgrade everyone automatically at some point? What
are my other options? Switch to another ISP for a year with a free
upgrade and then switch back?

Thanx

AMO

Switching ISPs *might* work - don't know.

Otherwise you have the option of waiting a month or three for PlusNet's free
upgrade, or paying 15 to 'jump the queue'.
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old May 1st 05, 10:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lorian

As far as I can tell, I need to pay PlusNet 15 to upgrade.

Not unless you want it done straight away, you can pay to "jump the queue".

Are PlusNet going to upgrade everyone automatically at some point?

Yes, sometime over the next couple of months, if your line quality is good
enough.

Old May 1st 05, 11:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AMO

"Tiscali Tim" wrote in message
Switching ISPs *might* work - don't know.

Otherwise you have the option of waiting a month or three for PlusNet's
free
upgrade, or paying 15 to 'jump the queue'.
--
Cheers,
Tim

Thanx for that (and to all else who resonded). I can wait. Just didn't
want to be paying the same for less bandwidth.

AMO