France have 20mb/s speed when here ??

Old May 1st 05, 11:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Anorak

Default France have 20mb/s speed when here ??

When can I expect to have a 20mb speed down here in the south coast ? I see
my max is only 2MB

Old May 1st 05, 12:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Anorak" schreef in bericht
When can I expect to have a 20mb speed down here in the south coast ? I
see my max is only 2MB

I have 24Mbit here in Sweden ... via ADSL-2

Old May 1st 05, 01:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Sun, 1 May 2005 10:53:24 +0100, "Anorak" wrote:

When can I expect to have a 20mb speed down here in the south coast ?

when somebody invests to provide it and you pay to receive it.

Phil

Old May 1st 05, 01:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Wireless Reader

Phil Thompson wrote:
On Sun, 1 May 2005 10:53:24 +0100, "Anorak" wrote:

When can I expect to have a 20mb speed down here in the south coast ?

when somebody invests to provide it and you pay to receive it.

Perhaps the OP could run a pair over to the Normandy coastline and get
his 20mb that way? Or perhaps he could move to one of the few areas of
France where such speeds are actually available at the moment?
Old May 1st 05, 01:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Anorak" wrote in message
When can I expect to have a 20mb speed down here in the south coast ? I
see my max is only 2MB

ISP's are actually not allowed to offer these speeds in the UK over ADSL at
the moment for regulatory reasons.

Its expected they will be allowed later this year.

However, if your exchange has not been LLU'ed yet (which means 4 and 8MB
services are available now), you will have a slightly longer wait..

Of course, you could always ask your cable company (assuming you have one) -
there is nothing to stop them offering faster speeds now.

Regards
Sunil

Old May 1st 05, 01:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian

"Anorak" wrote in message
When can I expect to have a 20mb speed down here in the south coast ? I

see
my max is only 2MB

And whe you get out of the Cities your lucky to get ISDN..

Old May 1st 05, 04:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Sun, 1 May 2005 12:29:06 +0100, "Ian" spam"AT"bathfordhill.co.uk
wrote:

And whe you get out of the Cities your lucky to get ISDN..

in the UK ?

Old May 1st 05, 07:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

Think he's refering to France as ADSL coverage in Britain is very good.

Dan

Old May 5th 05, 12:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

[email protected] wrote:
"Anorak" schreef in bericht
When can I expect to have a 20mb speed down here in the south coast

? I
see my max is only 2MB

I have 24Mbit here in Sweden ... via ADSL-2

24Mbit ?? How much is that then ?

Old May 5th 05, 12:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Coverage might be but speed is definatly not, UK in the back water of
technology yet again. Why are we so damn slow with all this ?