Router for port throttling

Old May 1st 05, 09:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
P H

Default Router for port throttling

"jas0n" wrote in message
.. .
Im testing from home terminal services on a w2k3 trial and want to find
out how well it runs over various connection speeds.....

... im after a router that does port throttling so I can set a port to a
particular speed and see how the connection is over that .... not exact,
i know, but will give some idea ....

Ive wanted a vigor router for a long while now but never had the need to
pay the price as my linksys one did everything I needed and has been
rock solid and reliable.

Will a vigor router do the port throttling well, so I can test the
various speeds or would this not be a suitable use of port throttling,
its something ive never used.

I have a Draytek 2600VG and this can do port throttling on the wired
ethernet ports. Basic but does work not that have the need to use it.

Phill H.