Slow Binatone ADSL Modem Synchronisation Problem

Old May 2nd 05, 12:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derrick Fawsitt

Default Slow Binatone ADSL Modem Synchronisation Problem

Sometimes when I boot up my PC my ADSL modem goes green, (synchronises)
immediately, on other occasions I have to wait anything up to five
minutes before I can click on connect. It there any way of improving on
this with my present hardware.
--
Derrick Fawsitt
Old May 2nd 05, 12:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 2 May 2005 12:23, Derrick Fawsitt wrote:

It there any way of improving on this with my present hardware.

Probably not. Suggestion of a router (which would stay online all the time)
may not be suitable/welcome/affordable, but that's what everyone else I know
is using and they generally stay online all the time, so as soon as your PC
needs to use the internet, there's no delay or 'logging in'... Peter M.

--
Plus.Net http://tinyurl.com/5jpa4
I recommend them and save some cash.

Old May 2nd 05, 02:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derrick Fawsitt

In message t, Peter M
writes
On 2 May 2005 12:23, Derrick Fawsitt wrote:

It there any way of improving on this with my present hardware.

Probably not. Suggestion of a router (which would stay online all the time)
may not be suitable/welcome/affordable, but that's what everyone else I know
is using and they generally stay online all the time, so as soon as your PC
needs to use the internet, there's no delay or 'logging in'... Peter M.

I guessed I would be told there was no alternative but was trying to put
off the day when I would have to choose "which" router, also what to do
with my Binatone 500ADSL modem.

Thank you for taking the trouble to help me Peter.
--
Derrick Fawsitt