EasyStart package change

Old May 2nd 05, 01:32 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Tiny Tim

Default EasyStart package change

"poster" wrote in message
s.net...
On 29 Apr 2005 07:44, "chillypenguin" wrote:

Other users have pointed out to Plus.Net that there is no BT cost
involved,
and had the 15 administration charge discounted.
I know one cast where it was done FOC

Yes, past posts have always pointed out that it needed to be requested,
but
as 'chillypenguin' states, so long as there's no BT cost (no speed
change),
it was a simple transfer from the EasyStart to whatever comparable
product,
from Plus.Net and no fee should apply. But be sure it's monthly
contract!!

Well I asked for a refund of my 14.99 charge, citing the remarks by Ian
Wild in a newsgroup post referenced recently and here is their reply.....

"Dear Mr Dodd, Ian Wild is no longer part of the company and hasn't been for
a while. It could be the fact that policies have since changed. As it stands
a downgrade is charged at 14.99"

I fail to see the relevance of Ian having left the company - he represented
them when he made that remark. What is with this lame "it could be that
policies have since been changed."? Any ideas what my best course of action
is to recover my costs, especially as PlusNet are just playing thick at the
moment? I could simply leave but unfortunately they do offer rather good
value for money overall so it would be cutting off my nose to spite my face,
and there really is not much point in putting in a lot of effort or expense
over 14.99. But they should not be allowed to shaft customers like this
just by "changing policy" mid contract.

Old May 2nd 05, 04:17 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 2 May 2005 12:32, "Tiny Tim" wrote:

Any ideas what my best course of action is to recover my costs, especially
as PlusNet are just playing thick at the moment? I could simply leave but
unfortunately they do offer rather good value for money overall so it would
be cutting off my nose to spite my face, and there really is not much point
in putting in a lot of effort or expense over 14.99. But they should not be
allowed to shaft customers like this just by "changing policy" mid contract.

Does seem odd, considering they always previously said that at the end of the
minimum 12 months on EasyStart you could switch to another account. Seems to
be their policy "DOWNGRADES: If you change to a product with a lower monthly
subscription, this is classed as a downgrade. Residential downgrades incur a
one off fee of 14.99."

However I don't think it reasonable to consider a switch from EasyStart to
Premier (a change which previously was free) as a 'downgrade' and cannot
see any way for Plus.Net staff to justify this policy when someone was
locked to their higher monthly fee while on EasyStart.

It would be good to see someone (Bob, Dave, Ben, for example) accept that
there is no difference between EasyStart and a Premier account. Hang on!
In http://www.plus.net/support/adsl/residential_upgrades.shtml it says

What if the broadband product I want to move to has the same monthly
subscription as my current product?

If this is true, the following criteria will determine if the change is
classed as an upgrade or downgrade.

You are upgrading if the monthly subscriptions of the two products are the
same and you are moving from:

* A Broadband Home Lite or Broadband Pay As You Go product to a Broadband
Plus or Broadband Premier product.
* A Broadband EasyStart, ADSL Home or ADSL Home Surf product (products no

longer sold) to any current product, e.g. Broadband Plus.
* A Broadband Plus product to a Broadband Pay As You Go product.

You are downgrading if the monthly subscriptions of the two products are the
same and you are moving from:

* A Broadband Premier product to a Broadband Pay As You Go or Broadband
Plus product.

There you have it. Smack them with their own document where it states the
change is an UPGRADE from EasyStart to any current product. (Seems as though
someone had sense when they wrote those terms, and it must have been customer
service staff mistake to have considered it a downgrade - maybe on monthly
fee grounds - who then felt confident in that response). Good luck! Peter.

30 day free trial... http://web.vfm-deals.com/runbox/
Old May 2nd 05, 04:32 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Tiny Tim

"poster" wrote in message
s.net...
[...]

Thanks for trying. Unfortunately the get-out here is that the monthly fees
are not the same. EasyStart was 24.99 per month whereas my Premier
subscription is only 21.99. Hence in the current definition I did
downgrade. In any event, what applies today may not be the same as what
applied last October, when I effected the change, nor the previous October
when I started the contract and when, to my mind, the charges at that time
should have applied. i.e. nil.

Old May 2nd 05, 04:41 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

poster wrote:

There you have it. Smack them with their own document where it
states the change is an UPGRADE from EasyStart to any current
product.

Surely, this only applies if the monthly subscription is the same or higher.
If it's *lower* - which it normally will be when going from Easy Start to
Premier at the same speed - it's classed as a *downgrade* - hence the fee.
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old May 2nd 05, 04:56 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 2 May 2005 15:41, "Tiscali Tim" wrote:

Surely, this only applies if the monthly subscription is the same or higher.
If it's *lower* - which it normally will be when going from Easy Start to
Premier at the same speed - it's classed as a *downgrade* - hence the fee.

Yes, well spotted both of you... It is still of 'unfair' when there was no
penalty for such a change after the first year in days past. This is one
of those ultimate 'moving the goal posts' situations, given the fact it's
a year from starting with an account to being allowed to change to another
and then being hit in the balls when you do try to change. Shame that even
a switch to Broadband Plus at 24.99 is still called a 'downgrade'. Peter M.