LOL, Pussynet strike again!!!

Old May 2nd 05, 08:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ken

Default LOL, Pussynet strike again!!!

Good old Pussynet, now offering...

'free' set-up

the snag...

'free' set-up is only actually free if you stay with Pussynet for five
years

God only knows who they employ that comes up with these ideas, first the
doom pipe then fair use policies, then no fair use, and now they have this
*cough* free setup.

Oh and I also notice this in their new statements...

'The Premier range offers a service with no specific usage limit'

LOL no "SPECIFIC" usage limit, I wonder WTF that will end up meaning.

Good old Pussynet, never fail to disappoint in making me laugh.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Old May 3rd 05, 01:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Murphy

"Ken" wrote in message
Good old Pussynet, now offering...

'free' set-up

the snag...

'free' set-up is only actually free if you stay with Pussynet for five
years

God only knows who they employ that comes up with these ideas, first the
doom pipe then fair use policies, then no fair use, and now they have this
*cough* free setup.

Oh and I also notice this in their new statements...

'The Premier range offers a service with no specific usage limit'

LOL no "SPECIFIC" usage limit, I wonder WTF that will end up meaning.

Good old Pussynet, never fail to disappoint in making me laugh.

Well if you don't like them, you're free to choose another ISP. If you think
you could run the company more efficiently you're also welcome to apply to
take over as manager. If you're ideas about how the company should be run
are really so great, I'm sure you would have no problem convincing them
you're the right person for the job.

I personally have no issues with my current ISP, they meet my needs
completely and at a reasonable price for a flat rate account. That's why I'm
with them and have been so for over a year. If I decided I was going to do
"heavy duty" downloading (anything where the idea of fair usage may even be
considered), then I'd be prepared to fork out the cash for such a service
designed with this purpose in mind. If I couldn't afford that, then I'd look
to live within my means.

Paul

Old May 3rd 05, 02:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Ken wrote:
Good old Pussynet, now offering...

'free' set-up

the snag...

'free' set-up is only actually free if you stay with Pussynet for five
years

God only knows who they employ that comes up with these ideas, first the
doom pipe then fair use policies, then no fair use, and now they have this
*cough* free setup.

Oh and I also notice this in their new statements...

'The Premier range offers a service with no specific usage limit'

LOL no "SPECIFIC" usage limit, I wonder WTF that will end up meaning.

Good old Pussynet, never fail to disappoint in making me laugh.

The free activation is deferred over the first 5 years, and the
cancellation charge is reduced for each of these years.

As are monthly fees are very low you could sign up for free activation,
cancel after the first 12 months and pay a fee of 47 and still have
saved money overall.

We don't have any specific limits on Premier, the vast majority of users
will be able to use the connection when they want for as much as they
want without even thinking about their usage.

It is only customers that consistently use the connection heavily at
peak times that we will be contacting to discuss their usage.

Regards,

--
+ ----- PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband ------
Old May 3rd 05, 03:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ken

"Paul Murphy" wrote
snip.....
Well if you don't like them, you're free to choose another ISP. If you

think

I dont need to choose another ISP

you could run the company more efficiently you're also welcome to apply

take over as manager. If you're ideas about how the company should be run

Er so you think ONE single person runs the company!!!!

are really so great, I'm sure you would have no problem convincing them
you're the right person for the job.

I personally have no issues with my current ISP, they meet my needs

Good glad you like them, but perhaps you should also realise that with all
the things they keep doing they are disillusioning many users

completely and at a reasonable price for a flat rate account. That's why

I'm
with them and have been so for over a year. If I decided I was going to

do
"heavy duty" downloading (anything where the idea of fair usage may even

be
considered), then I'd be prepared to fork out the cash for such a service
designed with this purpose in mind. If I couldn't afford that, then I'd

look
to live within my means.

The latest hair brained and IMO dishonesty about free activation/setup on
their site is nothing to do with heavy use.
With Pussynet only the small print matters.

Old May 3rd 05, 03:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ken

"PlusNet Support Team" wrote
Snip....
The free activation is deferred over the first 5 years, and the
cancellation charge is reduced for each of these years.

LMFAO oh that makes i so much better then

As are monthly fees are very low you could sign up for free activation,
cancel after the first 12 months and pay a fee of 47 and still have
saved money overall.

Saved money compared to what?? I can name services which have no "specific"
usage limits that are cheaper.

We don't have any specific limits on Premier, the vast majority of users
will be able to use the connection when they want for as much as they
want without even thinking about their usage.

Does that mean if i migrated to your cheaper service i could max out my 2
Meg connection with you, every day, every month, with no fear of you
moaning at me about using the account too much????? Obviously NOT.
If not then i believe there is a "specific" usage allowance, in place, but
as usually you cant make up your minds about what it is..

It is only customers that consistently use the connection heavily at
peak times that we will be contacting to discuss their usage.

Er... so using it 24/7 is "specific" isnt it.......DOH!!

Old May 3rd 05, 04:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Ken wrote:

Saved money compared to what?? I can name services which have no "specific"
usage limits that are cheaper.

see http://www.plus.net/residential/broa...reesetup.shtml

Er... so using it 24/7 is "specific" isnt it.......DOH!!

It's not just 24/7 users that we will be contacted, it is people
consistantly maxing out their connection at busy times. We have no
problems with people doing this when the network is quiet.

Regards,

Old May 3rd 05, 05:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stefan Kaniuk

another tit banging on and on, no ne is listening to you.

you seem to have a chip on your shoulder about Plusnet which is rather sad
really.
"Ken" wrote in message

"PlusNet Support Team" wrote
Snip....

Old May 3rd 05, 05:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 3 May 2005 14:57, "Ken" wrote:

Saved money compared to what?? I can name services which have no "specific"
usage limits that are cheaper.

Good for you. Name a couple and they will be 'pick of the month' for those
who are after an 'unlimited' service. Are they really cheaper ? Will they
introduce limits ? I doubt you will actually post details of an ISP that's
offering 2000 kbps for under 22.00... anyone else able to name these ISPs ?

It is only customers that consistently use the connection heavily at
peak times that we will be contacting to discuss their usage.

Er... so using it 24/7 is "specific" isnt it.......DOH!!

no need to throw your rattle out... it's clear enough that using it
heavily at peak times (ie daylight hours, up to midnight or so) will
be targets for having their usage modified, either by a migration or
using the traffic shaping facilities to reduce their load.

--
Plus.Net http://tinyurl.com/5jpa4
I recommend them and save some cash.