email download loops

Old May 2nd 05, 09:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Furby

Default email download loops

Has any seen the situation where when downloading email (containing
pictures in my case a friend sent me) via pop 3 using AVG 7 (antivirus)
Spampal 1.5(antispam) and Thunderbird (1.0.2) the downloads loop and never
complete. It's almost like one of the pieces of s/w is causing the download
to fail. If I remove AVG inbound email scanning the email downloads ok. But
I don't want to this on a permanent basis (and no the pictures did not
contain a virus)

Any comments would be great.

Thanks

Old May 2nd 05, 09:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James Hill

On 2005-05-02, Furby wrote:
Has any seen the situation where when downloading email (containing
pictures in my case a friend sent me) via pop 3 using AVG 7 (antivirus)
Spampal 1.5(antispam) and Thunderbird (1.0.2) the downloads loop and never
complete. It's almost like one of the pieces of s/w is causing the download
to fail. If I remove AVG inbound email scanning the email downloads ok. But
I don't want to this on a permanent basis (and no the pictures did not
contain a virus)

Any comments would be great.

It happens sometimes.

The best solution is to use an alternative method of downloading the
mail (such as removing the AVG scanning temporarily, or using
www.mail2web.com).

James