OT : Question

Old May 2nd 05, 10:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JammyGit

Default OT : Question

just wondering guys, is there a gadget that can switch my phone line for one
and two way use ? (eg a switch allowing to bar making outgoing calls and
when needed to allowing to make outoing calls)

cheers

Old May 2nd 05, 10:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Mon, 2 May 2005 21:37:40 +0100, "JammyGit"
wrote:

just wondering guys, is there a gadget that can switch my phone line for one
and two way use ? (eg a switch allowing to bar making outgoing calls and
when needed to allowing to make outoing calls)

might do better in uk.telecom

if you were barring calls you could turn it on and off by dialling
some kind of *# code from a memory dial button on the phone
http://www.telephonesuk.co.uk/network_codes.htm#BTOCB

Phil

Old May 3rd 05, 04:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Danny

wrote:

just wondering guys, is there a gadget that can switch my phone line for one
and two way use ? (eg a switch allowing to bar making outgoing calls and
when needed to allowing to make outoing calls)

might do better in uk.telecom

if you were barring calls you could turn it on and off by dialling
some kind of *# code from a memory dial button on the phone
http://www.telephonesuk.co.uk/network_codes.htm#BTOCB

Phil

Most handsets have this function (or at least the two cheap sets I
have - a Binatone and an Audioline)...they bar outgoing calls or allow
"babysitter" calls to one number only. This doesn't stop someone
using another phone of course...

Also, if you pay BT the appropriate rental and you are on a digital
exchange you can bar outgoing by typing *#34# - A quick Google finds:

http://www.phreak.co.uk/teknix/phreaking/docs/netcode.html

--
Regards,
Danny

http://www.gaggia-espresso.com (a purely hobby site)
http://www.dannyscoffee.com (UK advert for my mobile espresso service)
http://www.malabargold.co.uk (UK/European online ordering for Malabar
Gold blend)
swap Z for above characters in email address to reply

Old May 5th 05, 06:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Donald McTrevor

Default Question

"JammyGit" wrote in message
just wondering guys, is there a gadget that can switch my phone line for

one
and two way use ? (eg a switch allowing to bar making outgoing calls and
when needed to allowing to make outoing calls)

Yes I have one of those things.

cheers