Plusnet rip off?

Old May 3rd 05, 09:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

Default Plusnet rip off?

I've just been told by the Plusnet portal that if I change from my
EasyStart account to a Premier account I will have to pay a fee of
29.99!

How can Plusnet justify such a ridiculous fee?
Old May 3rd 05, 10:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PJB

"Steve" wrote in message
news
I've just been told by the Plusnet portal that if I change from my
EasyStart account to a Premier account I will have to pay a fee of
29.99!

How can Plusnet justify such a ridiculous fee?

since it's your choice wether you pay it or not, what's the problem? If you
don't like what a company/shop/organisation offers, go elsewhere !

P.

Old May 3rd 05, 11:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
RolYat

In article , ...

If you don't like what a company/shop/organisation offers,
go elsewhere !

Ah, the age old Usenet adage that is the answer to everything...
Old May 3rd 05, 11:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alfie [UK]

On Tue, 03 May 2005 20:40:27 +0100, Steve
wrote:

I've just been told by the Plusnet portal that if I change from my
EasyStart account to a Premier account I will have to pay a fee of
29.99!

How can Plusnet justify such a ridiculous fee?

EasyStart to Premier should be 7.50 per month inside the 12 month
contract + 14.99 if you do it now, or wait until BT regrade your
exchange and only pay the 7.50 per month inside contract (by which time
you might be outside your contract time anyway and pay nothing).

http://www.plus.net/support/adsl/res...upgrades.shtml

So, have you been on EasyStart for 10 months and have 2 months to go ?

--
Alfie
http://www.delphia.co.uk/

Old May 4th 05, 12:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

Steve wrote in
news
How can Plusnet justify such a ridiculous fee?

It is two fees in one - change of account (Downgrade) fee and BT's change
of line speed (Upgrade) fee. You can raise a ticket and ask for not to be
regraded to a higher line speed from what I've seen mentioned which
should halve the fee.

--
Colin
Old May 4th 05, 09:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Black Shuck

Steve got up from the bar and shouted: :
I've just been told by the Plusnet portal that if I change from my
EasyStart account to a Premier account I will have to pay a fee of
29.99!

How can Plusnet justify such a ridiculous fee?

errm, your paying for the free modem and free activation, if you want to
change that situation, it's 14.99 to downgrade, and 14.99 to change
your line speed.

You can just pay 14.99 to move from the EastStart (as long as your
outside your 12 month repayment period), and the line will get upgraded
eventually for free.

Suppose you want it for free thou.... (just like the modem and activation)
Old May 4th 05, 09:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Murphy

"Alfie [UK]" wrote in message
On Tue, 03 May 2005 20:40:27 +0100, Steve
wrote:

snip
The mind is like a TV set - when it goes blank, it's a good idea to turn
off the sound.

:-)

Old May 4th 05, 12:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Black Shuck wrote:
Steve got up from the bar and shouted: :
I've just been told by the Plusnet portal that if I change from my
EasyStart account to a Premier account I will have to pay a fee of
29.99!

How can Plusnet justify such a ridiculous fee?

errm, your paying for the free modem and free activation, if you want to

Wonderful concept that! :-)

--
Chris Green
Old May 4th 05, 02:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Scarpa [PlusNet Support Team]

Hi Steve,

CW was correct to say -

"It is two fees in one - change of account (Downgrade) fee and BT's change
of line speed (Upgrade) fee"

However, as you will now know, we are upgrading all our home customers to
the fastest speed their line will take (up to 2Mb), over the next few
months. You could raise a ticket and ask to change the account type
(14.99) and just wait for the free speed upgrade.

Any other questions - Just ask!

Regards,

Dave
--